sequences in Adobe CS5

A forum to share ideas and opinions on the equipment and technical aspects of film, video and AV making.
Roy1

sequences in Adobe CS5

Post by Roy1 »

While editing I put each section of the video into sequences. There is a bar just above the timeline indicator which lists horizontally the sequences and their numbers. When the bar which is displayed is full any further sequences are not shown. Is there any way that the bar can be moved along to show the latest sequences. I hope I have made myself understood. Thanks in advance for any info.
Kevin Pritchard

Re: sequences in Adobe CS5

Post by Kevin Pritchard »

I think I get what you're saying.

Once the display is full a very thin grey horizontal slider bar should appear just above the sequences tabs. You should be able to left click on it and drag it left and right to show the latest sequences. Best idea is to keep them closed and not displayed at all if you have finished editing them. All you have to do is double click the sequence on the left hand side to reopen them, you wont lose your work and it keeps your workspace neat and tidy.

I hope that helps.

Kev
Chichester Film and Video Makers.

https://www.youtube.com/No33films
Roy1

Post by Roy1 »

thanks Kevin for the info. Unfortunately the grey line you refer to is not present. If you know how to put it where it should be, I would be grateful to know.
Kevin Pritchard

Post by Kevin Pritchard »

Thats strange, as soon as I fill up the timeline with sequences I get a scroll bar appear as you can see from the picture below.

Only thing I can suggest is going to window/workspace and resetting your current workspace or trying a different one.

I will keep thinking.
Chichester Film and Video Makers.

https://www.youtube.com/No33films