adobe warp stabiliser

A forum to share ideas and opinions on the equipment and technical aspects of film, video and AV making.
Roy1

adobe warp stabiliser

Post by Roy1 »

I have installed Adobe CS6 and have tried out the warp staibiliser and am somewhat frustrated that it took 6 minutes to stabilise a 15 second clip. On CS5 on my other PC I have Mercalli V2 stabiliser which only took 30 seconds to stabilise the same clip. It has left me wondering if it is normal for warp stabiliser to take this long. Confirmation one way or the other will be appreciated.
col lamb

Re: adobe warp stabiliser

Post by col lamb »

Roy

Did you get After Effects?

If you did forget about stabilising in Premier as WS in AE is on a different planet and Mercali is ancient by comparison. You have to learn how to use it by watching a couple of the video Tutorials on Creative Cow but once mastered, you end up with video that is locked on a tripod. It gets better, you can easily track a specific pair of points and pan and zoom, it is awesome
Col Lamb
Preston, Lancashire.
FCPX, Edius6.02, and Premiere CS 5.5 user.
Find me on Facebook, Colin Lamb
Roy1

Re: adobe warp stabiliser

Post by Roy1 »

COLIN. Yes I have AE and will experiment. I have quite a collection of Creative Cow Chapters on CS6 so I will be searching for the tutorial chapters on AE warp stabiliser. I recall some years ago I tried stabilising using AE with Premiere pro 2 but it was so complicated to use, and although I did manage to stabilise after a lot of pain, I gave up and bought Mercalli which to me was so simple and quick and good.