SONY HXR NX3 CAMERA

A forum to share ideas and opinions on the equipment and technical aspects of film, video and AV making.
Peter Stedman

SONY HXR NX3 CAMERA

Post by Peter Stedman »

Following my recent posting and discussion on the Sony PWW 150 I have been doing further browsing on cameras. I have looked at the promotional material on the Sony HXR NX3. I could find no mention of any battery charger in the package. I made a check with a dealer and to my amazement am told there is no charger included. A charger for the battery is regarded as an 'optional accessory'.

Can anyone explain Sony's thinking in not including a charger for the battery with this camera? After all it's not a 'desirable' extra but a necessity surely. Comments. Pete..
ned c

Re: SONY HXR NX3 CAMERA

Post by ned c »

A number of cameras are not supplied with a separate charger. The battery is charged whilst loaded into the camera which is connected to a power source which means that whilst the battery is charging the camera cannot be used. You do not HAVE to buy a separate charger but in practice if you have more than one battery it is wise to do so. What is Sony's thinking? More income of course but also modern batteries have a much longer run time and it is possible to get through a day shooting with one battery; but not usually the battery supplied with the camera.
ned c
Peter B

Re: SONY HXR NX3 CAMERA

Post by Peter B »

Also, not including a charger, probably, means they can sell the camera at a slightly lower price point. It's the same with memory cards, many cameras don't come supplied with one, you go and buy the size of card that fits your needs.
My attempts at videos & AV sequences can be found on my website- http://www.dragon-sanctuary.co.uk