CS5 stabiliser problems

A forum to share ideas and opinions on the equipment and technical aspects of film, video and AV making.
Roy1

CS5 stabiliser problems

Post by Roy1 »

I have recently installed legally Adobe CS5 on a new PC having ditched CS6 as it appeared to be an iffy installation. Now I have problems with stabilising clips. Adobe's stabilser Warp causes great distortion to the image whilst Mercalli 2.oV stabiliser causes rapid flashing of the image when played back. Both these stabilisers worked perfectly when used on a less powerful PC. Any suggestions what is wrong very welcome as when I can't use a tripod my handheld shots are somewhat shaky.
col lamb

Re: CS5 stabiliser problems

Post by col lamb »

Roy

Warp Stabilizer was introduced in to After Effects in CS5.5 and in Premiere in CS6 hence I assume that you have CS5.5

I use CS5.5 and hence use AE to stabilze footage.

I also have Mercali and WS in AE wins by a mile.

Forget dynamic linking, for each clip stabilize in AE, export and import the file into Premiere.
Col Lamb
Preston, Lancashire.
FCPX, Edius6.02, and Premiere CS 5.5 user.
Find me on Facebook, Colin Lamb
Roy1

Post by Roy1 »

COLIN. I have only got CS5, and as you say Warp Stab was only introduced into 5.5 I can'tunder stand why it shows up in the effects of CS5 under the banner of Distort. It does actually stabilise but distorts the image. Very Queer. It worked with CS6 while I had that version but I found that it took a long time to complete the stabilisation compared with Mercalli. Anyway my problem is I now have neither operating properly. Mercalli works and doesn't distort the image but the image flashes on and off very quickly. If I can't get the stabilisation working I'll have to give up the hobby after 45 years or more. I've just discovered that Encore doesn't respond for a while and when it does there seems to be no way of selecting the edited video to make a DVBD, a Blu-ray disc or an ISO. Everything worked well until I changed PC's.
col lamb

Post by col lamb »

Roy
Warp Stabilizer is not in my Cs5.5 version of Premiere, but it is in My version of AE

Probably when Cs5 was reinstalled it sees the folder where WS resides and hence thinks it is part of your CS5

Try reinstalling Mercali and then update it, it works fine for me in both PP and Edius
Col Lamb
Preston, Lancashire.
FCPX, Edius6.02, and Premiere CS 5.5 user.
Find me on Facebook, Colin Lamb