vIEWING yt ON MY pcS

A forum to share ideas and opinions on the equipment and technical aspects of film, video and AV making.
Peter Stedman

vIEWING yt ON MY pcS

Post by Peter Stedman »

I have two Desk top machines and a Laptop at home. When I log onto You Tube on the LT and one of the DT machines all my videos are listed in You Tube as expected. However on the other DT machine my latest video is not shown in the You Tube video manager etc. I have done the usual F5 etc. to no avail and even days later my latest video is not listed on the one machine.

Any ideas please. Pete.
Dave Watterson

Re: vIEWING yt ON MY pcS

Post by Dave Watterson »

Hi Peter

There is a known problem with playlists of more than 80 videos on YouTube. (You have 90 or so.)

It appeared with a recent update by YouTube. There have been tweaks in the last few days and we can only hope their software people will solve the problem soon.

BUT it is interesting that only one of your machines has shown the problem. I cannot suggest why that might be. If that machine had not shown the other videos then it would have been a question of machine settings, ad blockers and so on. But those seem to be ruled out.
Peter Stedman

Post by Peter Stedman »

Thanks Dave,
I have tried putting another video on You Tube and this shows in the Video Manager on my two machines but nothing on the one PC. All very odd. I am wondering if the could be any problem with the computer itself.

I have a tame computer expert who calls occasionally and I will seek his advice also. I might also try putting the query in some other forum to see if there are other replies.
Thanks for replying anyhow.
Cheers.
Pete.
col lamb

Post by col lamb »

Peter

Do youhave the same software versions on each machine?

Explorer, Flash, Media Player, VLC etc
Col Lamb
Preston, Lancashire.
FCPX, Edius6.02, and Premiere CS 5.5 user.
Find me on Facebook, Colin Lamb
Peter Stedman

Post by Peter Stedman »

Greetings. I have found the cause of my problem with You Tube and my various computers. I will try to explain but at the moment I'm still not exactly sure how it came about. It appears that I have two You Tube accounts although I wasn't aware of this. Yes, I know I'm stupid but one manages to develop this even more with age. I think it goes back a while to when Google & You Tube got together.

When I go to You Tube to up load I see two Icons at the top right of the screen. I assumed one could use either but I didn't realise they referred to two different YT accounts. I generally use the one and all is well. However for a couple of uploads I appeared to have used the second icon and thus the newly uploaded video doesn't show on the first YT account of course. Therefore two of my computers logged in automatically to the one TY account and the other computer to the other! Does that make any sense to you? You are allowed to call me whatever names you want to for my ignorance.

Is there any way of transferring the misplaced videos to the other account or would I have to upload them again to the correct account?
Thanks for replies. Pete.
Dave Watterson

Post by Dave Watterson »

Some good detective work there, Pete.

Sorry, there does not seem to be a way to transfer films from one YouTube account to another - the question has come up a few times on various forums. It is a matter of uploading them again.

If you no longer have access to the originals you can downlaod them from the "wrong" account and upload again to the "right one" though I suspect there may be some degradation through re-coding at the YouTube end.
Roy1

Post by Roy1 »

Peter. It would seem that I also have two YouTube accounts which I never asked for I think it goes back to when Google took over YouTube. I remember at that time Google wanted to use my full name on my youtube account. I declined as so many subscribers use my original youtube identification to view my videos. It would seem that Google went ahead and opened a new account for me. I have always ignored it and upload to my original account. Last week when logging in to Youtube I was for a few days, offered the choice of opening either one of the accounts. It seems to have gone back to normal now and my originally account opens when I log in.