Adobe software

A forum to share ideas and opinions on the equipment and technical aspects of film, video and AV making.
col lamb

Re: Adobe software

Post by col lamb »

Roy

Adobe ceased to support CS5 when CS5.5 was released and they stopped supporting CS5.5 when CS6 was released, and now judging by the negative comments on the Adobe forum about their lack of bug fixing efforts they are no longer supporting CS6.

But, your software should continue to operate as it does for years to come.

The only criteria that will stop you from using CS5 is when you upgrade your PC or it fails and you have to have it repaired and then have to re-activate the software, by that time the Adobe activation servers may well be offline permanently, then you are screwed.

Its usually best to have a backup plan, mine is Edius which I already own and my new laptop, both of which have Adobe CS5.5 Production Premium and Edius 6/Neo 2.5 installed with Edius 6 on the main PC and Neo on the laptop, I could not install Edius 6 on the Laptop as it does not work with Windows 8 for use on Windows 8 you need Edius 6.5.

There is editing software called Lightworks which is free and growing in capabilities, I also had a look in PC World the other day and there were plenty of low cost editing software on the shelves.

So for many of us the future is bright, the future is not Adobe
Col Lamb
Preston, Lancashire.
FCPX, Edius6.02, and Premiere CS 5.5 user.
Find me on Facebook, Colin Lamb
Roy1

Post by Roy1 »

COL. Thanks for the info. I'm sure you are right as usual. I am happy that CS5 will probally see me out.
Suziedave

Post by Suziedave »

:( Wow! now you are scaring me!
as you know earlier this year i bort the latest abobe premiere,
just got the new Canon hd camera and this month hoping to get the new Desktop,
so lets hope i can get a few movies edited before it starts getting too expensive for me.
col lamb

Post by col lamb »

Fear not Suzie.

As you have a boxed version it will come with a perpetual license and as such you will be able to use it for many years without further expense.

If you have not already, create an Adobe account and download all updates for the version that you have and save them on your PC, only install them if you have a specific problem that equates to the update.

Incidentally Adobe CS2 is now available for free, well there are disclaimers as it is supposed to only be for people who had CS2 and now need to install it, but that said it is still available for free.
Col Lamb
Preston, Lancashire.
FCPX, Edius6.02, and Premiere CS 5.5 user.
Find me on Facebook, Colin Lamb