Realplayer Plus 16

A forum to share ideas and opinions on the equipment and technical aspects of film, video and AV making.
Lee Prescott

Realplayer Plus 16

Post by Lee Prescott »

:?
Hi All You Techno Wizards....

Can anyone help?

(This is my 2nd. Attempt with this posting – I can only assume that my 1st. one was “blocked” for some reason)!

This concerns downloadable software known as Realplayer Plus 16 !

I downloaded this software for the princely sum of £29.99! OK so it downloaded after some protracted time, the slowest and worst I have experienced in the last 14 years!

However, after this download I found that it would not work completely in that it would not burn CDs or DVDs – as stated in their blurb! A pop up manifested itself stating that a further piece of software had to be download under the silly name of H264 Encoder. So, I set about this – it would not download. I e-mailed Realplayer’s Customer Support. I received a reply, (took ‘em 24 hours), straight forward but printed out covered an A4 sheet of papyrus including some gross mis-spellings!

It transpired that for use with Windows XP, (this was quoted as acceptable before I started), the PC had to be put into Safe Mode! OK, this was done according to their spiel which also stated that they had problems with Windows XP but the instructions would solve it all....Ha Ha and damn --- no such thing. I attempted to download H264 Encoder eleven times to noooo avail. All I got was further stupid Pop ups/downs!

Oh, also there was /is bags ofspace on my hard drive!

Apparently it’s American!

Can anyone help with this problem? Has anyone else encountered it?

Lee. :(