Presentations to Clubs

A forum to share ideas and opinions on the equipment and technical aspects of film, video and AV making.
col lamb

Presentations to Clubs

Post by col lamb »

I do quite a few presentatons within my own club and to others in the North West.

Usually these are what I term "Techie evenings" explaining about recording, editing, encoding for solid state use and uploading to the web, disc production and PC's

My theory is that if you have some knowledge about the technical aspects of our hobby then the creative process of producing a great movie will be greatly assisted

To this end a few years ago I made a whole series of video tutorials which whilst still valid the technology has progressed and I am in the process of making some more specifically on HD

Whenever I host an evening I now mix what the audience see and hear, I achieve this by mixing me just standing there talking with video presentations

I make the presentations by using a product called Snagit which is made by Techsmith who also produce the excellent Camtasia

Snagit is a screen recording piece of software, it records my full HD screen and produces MP4 video which I can either use as is or edit in in Premiere/Edius into a mixed video, I have tried others including Microsofts own Expression but prefer the quality of Snagit

So those of you who frequently make presentations and would like to offer PC screen recordings as part of the presentation I can thoroughly recommend this great product and at less than £40 is offers good value
Col Lamb
Preston, Lancashire.
FCPX, Edius6.02, and Premiere CS 5.5 user.
Find me on Facebook, Colin Lamb