YouTube views

A forum to share ideas and opinions on the equipment and technical aspects of film, video and AV making.
Roy1

YouTube views

Post by Roy1 »

Can anyone who uses YouTube tell me if the display of viewers have been altered. Lately all my new uploads do not show any viewers except when I view them myself when showing my visitors. I know friends have viewed my latest offerings but their viewings do not show. All my older videos still continue to show an updated number of viewers. It's quite puzzling.
Chrisbitz

Re: YouTube views

Post by Chrisbitz »

Updates don't happen instantly, and come in sort of batches too. A lot of the celeb bloggers will have 300 views for a few hours to a day after their latest release, when you know it should be in the tens to hundreds of of 000s of views.

Also, every now and then, They have a cull of removing views that have either been gained illegally, or from deleted accounts, and a popular video can suddenly lose thousands of views overnight, which can be quite a shock if you didn't realise!

You'll probably find the views appear tomorrow or something..
I like to make films, this is- my Youtube account. What's yours?

"all of the above is nothing more than nonsensical ramblings, and definately should NOT be misconstrued as anyone's official policy"