Window 8

A forum to share ideas and opinions on the equipment and technical aspects of film, video and AV making.
Roy1

Window 8

Post by Roy1 »

Windows 8 looks interesting. The only thing I know about it is that it has touch screen operation as well as keyboard operation. Anybody know more about it? I saw a video about it being introduced in Asia but it didn't tell you much.
Chrisbitz

Re: Window 8

Post by Chrisbitz »

I'm afraid that isn't a windows 8 feature... If you go into your local PC world or comet, you'll see a variety of touchscreen computers, even laptops have it too, so that particular feature is availabe on the highstreet now!
I like to make films, this is- my Youtube account. What's yours?

"all of the above is nothing more than nonsensical ramblings, and definately should NOT be misconstrued as anyone's official policy"
Mike Shaw

Post by Mike Shaw »

Isn't Windows 8 for Mobile phones and PDAs? They've been promising it for ages. i don't think it is for use on yer average PC.
Chrisbitz

Post by Chrisbitz »

Nope, that's windows mobile 8. How confusing!! :-)
I like to make films, this is- my Youtube account. What's yours?

"all of the above is nothing more than nonsensical ramblings, and definately should NOT be misconstrued as anyone's official policy"
Roy1

Post by Roy1 »

Chris I take your point but it is a first for windows. Don't you think that continually touching the PC screen will result in a lot of finger prints meaning more cleaning of the screen after every use. I know my Camcorder has a touch screen and my finger prints are continually blurring the screen. Hail to progress.
fraught

Post by fraught »

Check this out... http://youtu.be/JZEnssVjb2g
Only Boring People Get Bored
http://www.fraught.net
billyfromConsett

Post by billyfromConsett »

Hi Roy
We've got touch screen PC's at work, and without knowing they're touch screen, you wouldn't know they're any different from ordinary monitors. I don't notice screens covered with fingerprints. It looks an interesting idea.