PREMEIRE PRO CS4 CAPTURING.

A forum to share ideas and opinions on the equipment and technical aspects of film, video and AV making.
Joandot

PREMEIRE PRO CS4 CAPTURING.

Post by Joandot »

I am using Premiere Pro CS4 for the first time after using 6.5 for ten years I am having problems with getting my picture to show as I am capturing, I did a short test run a few days ago and it worked fine then. I would be very greatful if someone could please help me out.
markk

Re: PREMEIRE PRO CS4 CAPTURING.

Post by markk »

when you say you cannot see a picture......are you transfering HD footage or SD footage?

Also from what medium are you capturing....I presume Mini DV tape? What is the camera?

Is the footage actually being captured......even if you cannot see the picture?

Can you hear the sound?

Can you connect your camera to your PC and see if Moviemaker will capture the footage?

How is the camera connecetd....USB....FIREWIRE....etc?
Sony Z5 camera, Sony MRC Compact flash Hard drive, Senhieser me 66 mic, Premiere pro cs3 & Cs4 on PC. Oh and a packet of Annadin Extra!!
Joandot

Re: PREMEIRE PRO CS4 CAPTURING.

Post by Joandot »

I am transfering hd footage from mini dv tape and my camera is the Sony HC9

I can capture the film along with the sound using firewire and it goes straight on the

time line, I just cannot see the picture at the capturing stage, thank you for taking the
trouble to look at my question.

I am new to forums so not sure if I am doing it right, I have been a member of the IAC for

some years and thought this might be a good place to get a problem solved.