MICROPHONES (ADD ON).

A forum to share ideas and opinions on the equipment and technical aspects of film, video and AV making.
Lee Prescott

MICROPHONES (ADD ON).

Post by Lee Prescott »

8) Hi Alls - Anybody knowledgeable:

Microphones: Re "add on" Mics. to camcorders including boom use.

We know it's important to use an add on microphone for serious video shooting.

I have read the piece(s) on the subject however:-

My interest at this time is for the shotgun type etc. Can anyone tell me several
of the best types giving the make and model numbers please? Thanks.

Lee...... :|

P.S: Oh, and the best make/quality of the clip on Lavalier type.
ned c

Re: MICROPHONES (ADD ON).

Post by ned c »

We use the Audio-Technica AT897 short shot gun mic. The sound engineer I work with says the best mic for its price (about $250 here in the USA). Used with a Rycote fuzzy and an Azden shock mount on an aluminium window washing pole. For connection into a camcorder with a mini plug we use the Beachtek DXA-2T. Our wired Lavaliers are very old but still good - Sony ECM 44B.

Hope that helps

ned c
tom hardwick

Post by tom hardwick »

The Rode mics receive consistently high praise from testers and users alike and their prices are good too.

For years I've used the Sennheiser K6/ME66 combination, along with a Rycote Softie. The mic has been in production for years - a testimony to its overall excellence.

You buy the K6 module (which can be powered by the camera's 48v phantom or an inserted AA cell) and you can then screw in various shotguns, the 66 being the 'middle' one.

I reckon it's worth splashing out on a good mic as it will stay with you for years and years, seeing off very many cameras and computers. My ME66 has fed the VX2k, FX1, Z1, NX5 and 60D.

tom.
Lee Prescott

Post by Lee Prescott »

:D

Hi Tom and Ned,

Many thanks for your kind responses. Obviously tried and tested.
Very much appreciated.

(Sorry a little bit late coming back to you).

Kind regards,............Lee. :)