Chippenham Club web site

A forum to share ideas and opinions on the equipment and technical aspects of film, video and AV making.
Peter Stedman

Chippenham Club web site

Post by Peter Stedman »

Thought I would mention that I have updated our site, http://www.starvideo.me.uk with a simple basic instructional video on 'Simple Sound for Camcorders' for our members. It was just a project that myself and Rob Catt undertook and you might care to comment. The video is in two parts to get it all on You Tube.
Pete.
TimStannard

Re: Chippenham Club web site

Post by TimStannard »

A nice introduction, at what I'd imagine the exactly the right pace and pitched at the right level for the average club member new to sound. What I particularly liked was the emphasis on ensuring the mic is switched on and using headphones to monitor. This was clearly born from experience - a mistake we've all made from time to time. Unfortunately the intended audience will no doubt think they'd never make such a basic mistake - but when they do, they won't be able to say you didn't warn them.
Tim
Proud to be an amateur film maker - I do it for the love of it
ned c

Re: Chippenham Club web site

Post by ned c »

Thanks Peter; a good introduction to sound. A couple of thoughts, a white chinagraph pencil rubbed over the black on black on/off picks it out nicely. For a short boom a monopod works well and for a longer boom a window washing pole. You are absolutely right that although audiences will accept less than stellar photography bad sound will sink the best pictures ever. Nice work

ned c

ps "The images deliver the information but the sound delivers the emotion"