DV mini Disc cassette storage

A forum to share ideas and opinions on the equipment and technical aspects of film, video and AV making.
Roy1

DV mini Disc cassette storage

Post by Roy1 »

Does anyone know where I can buy plastic storgage containers designed to hold DV mini cassettes. I have tried in vain to find a source through the internet, all I come up with is suppliers of tapes. On the how programme it mentions that you should store the tapes in containers designed for such tapes but doesn't say where the containers can be bought. At the moment I am using all kinds of small plastic boxes and what I need is larger boxes. Any Info. welcomed.
Dave Watterson

Re: DV mini Disc cassette storage

Post by Dave Watterson »

The ones I use are Bryco - see http://www.bryco-in-europe.com/minidv36hdrack.html. At £14.99 plus delivery they are not cheap, but very solidly made. You can fix them to a wall in upright or horizontal position, or use them to line shallow desk drawers.
- Dave
Roy1

Post by Roy1 »

Thanks Dave for the info. I'm arranging to purchase some racks from Bryco. It's strange that the 50 cassette rack is cheaper than the 36 rack. I asked them why, thinking there might be a difference in quality and they told me that the 50 rack is the most popular so they can afford to sell it cheaper. Makes sense but unusual today I think for companies to think of the customer. Thanks again Roy
Lee Prescott

Post by Lee Prescott »

Hi Roy,

This is a bit late perhaps if so my apologies: I purchased several stackable units to store miniDV tapes, in their boxes, from Maplins a while ago. The little drawers are spring loaded and open at the touch of a button. However, I don't know right now if they still have them available.

Lee.
Roy1

Post by Roy1 »

Hi Lee. Thanks for info. Will find out if maplins still stock the product