Edius Neo?

A forum to share ideas and opinions on the equipment and technical aspects of film, video and AV making.
Pqtrick

Edius Neo?

Post by Pqtrick »

Edius Neo – I am currently working through a trial of this software. I have about twenty days left. I have also seriously considered Magix, having had a licensed version 10, some years ago.

What I like about Edius, are the two screens for editing i.e. 'clip' and 'preview' whereas Magix has only one which you sort of switch, and for me does not always work. The Edius files system is simple and I find editing with 'sequences' very useful.

Some aspects are a little tricky compared to Magix, but it is just a question of habit and technique. In Magix all the available tracks on the time-line can be used for both video and audio, whereas with Edius, the tracks are more dedicated.

It does seem to be very stable, I have it running on my older computer on XP with only a small amount of RAM. (I downloaded it before I bought the new computer with Win 7 and I have only just opened the file- Although I am only using it for DV not HD.)

The question is what is the cost of it? That is the 'Neo 2' version not the fully blown 'pro' version? I have looked at the Grass Valley Site but only links to sales offices worldwide and then they do not offer a price. It is also on Ebay at around 139 dollars (Tax?) and there are various versions of it illustrated.

(PS. Magix has the option where you can download a license key, and also for a small extra cost have a CD posted to you in case of re-installation)

Anyone any ideas?
Dave Watterson

Re: Edius Neo?

Post by Dave Watterson »

DVC of Hove (http://www.dvc.uk.com) are offering Edius Neo at £182.13 including VAT but to handle AVCHD you really need the additional Booster Pack. Their price for the combined package known as EDIUS Neo 2 is £205.63 including VAT.

PC World Business (http://www.pcwb.co.uk) offers EDIUS Neo 2 with Booster pack for £143.33 including VAT

Dave
Pqtrick

Post by Pqtrick »

Thanks Dave - interesting!

How did my post get into this section, is it just one of those basic questions? I have found that doing web searches out of the UK on Google or whatever, does not get you to what you want. Especially when wanting to download English menu versions of software.

It took four attempts to get a English menu version of 'Open Office'.

Pqtrick. :D
Dave Watterson

Post by Dave Watterson »

Which forum subsection has the topic depends where you put it!

You are right that this one did not belong in "Help and Advice for Newcomers" so I have moved it here.

If in doubt you can always scroll to the foot of the page and on the right is a selection box where you can choose what forum subsection to go to.
Dave