The professional HXR-NX5

A forum to share ideas and opinions on the equipment and technical aspects of film, video and AV making.
Tony Grant

The professional HXR-NX5

Post by Tony Grant »

We have just placed an order for the new Sony tapeless memory camcorder in full HD.
I am hoping some of you in Britian are also really tempted at this well priced proffesional camera. With 11 hours
recording time.

I am sure we are going to have to under go a learning curve so I hope other new users will come to the front on this "blog" so that we can compare notes anf help each other.

http://vimeo.com/groups/nx5u/videos/9649538

Hope to hear from some new users

Tony
tom hardwick

Re: The professional HXR-NX5

Post by tom hardwick »

Nice camera Tony, good choice. Questions - why this and not the EX1-R? What did you have before? (this will affect your learning curve). Did you consider the AX2000? (not if you need the 11 hours recording time of course). I had a good play with the camera at BVE, Earl's Court, last week.

tom.
Tony Grant

Post by Tony Grant »

We chose the NX5 for the following reasons;

1. Price
2. 10/11 hour recording
3. Approx same size as our Z1's which we are replacing (950 Euros if you want to come to Brussels to collect)
4. Sound is very important to us as we film classical concerts and music shows. We must have XLR imputs
5. The 20x's optical Zoom
6. Most of our add on's are compatable ... cases, batteries, rain gear, etc etc
7. It is a PRO camera puchased from a pro dealer with proper back up and service on site Sony approved.

Apart from that it was love at first sight.

Tony
Tony Grant

Post by Tony Grant »

With futher reference to your mention of the AX2000 check this web p[age.
http://m2w.net/Differences_to_HXR-NX5U.html