How do i get a completed dvd onto youtube ?

A forum to share ideas and opinions on the equipment and technical aspects of film, video and AV making.
cozmoss

How do i get a completed dvd onto youtube ?

Post by cozmoss »

Hi forum memebers, I have a little problem "In that" I have completed a short "rant for smokers" Ihave edited it all using pinicle studio software and its right here, completed on a dvd. I have looked at the "how to" etc on youtube but, still I cannot figure out how to get the dvd content into some avi file format onto my pc and upload to youtube; can anyone help? also, are there any comp's coming up as I have also over the past few months, completed an 11 minute documentry on a freind of mine who has learning difficulties and has had to aslo deal with the sad loss of his father, the doc' has had good reviews from freinds and family and Id love to eneter it into a competition ( I am now a member of the Iac) if that helps. :)
JanW
Site Admin

Re: How do i get a completed dvd onto youtube ?

Post by JanW »

Try looking at your DVD with Windows Explorer - or a similar file browser. You should find folders marked Sound and Video. Open the Video one. Among the files there, will be some which end in xxx.VOB. Small ones are the menus etc. The largest one/s store the pictures and sound. You can upload those large ones direct to YouTube. That avoids the AVI stage.

If those files are too large for Youtube you might have to use some of the many free tools around to reduce the picture size and the resolution a little ... but try the simplest way first!

Good luck and let us know the link to it, when it is online.

-Jan
Mike Shaw

Post by Mike Shaw »

If you use Pinnacle Studio 11 or 12 to do the edit, then first of all it is posisble to IMPORT a video from a DVD -

* Put the DVD in the DVD drive
* In Studio, go to the File menu and select 'Import'
* Browse to the DVD drive and select the video from the DVD (if more than one, each video will be named).

You can then detect scenes and edit it on the time line as any other edit.

Note that in the Make Movie section, I believe it is possible to create a YouTube file and upload it (though I have never done this. Must check if that is still possible!)
cozmoss

Post by cozmoss »

:wink: Once again Mike a big Thankyou & ofcourse Jan W :)