DVTape

A forum to share ideas and opinions on the equipment and technical aspects of film, video and AV making.
Stephen

DVTape

Post by Stephen »

Anyone recommend a source for Sony Pemium DVtapes?

Amazon are at 1.42 a unit ....
Stephen

Film making is not a matter of Life and Death
It's much more important than that.
granfer

Re: DVTape

Post by granfer »

How many do you need? I have a few (new and sealed) left over from my recently retired business, as also plenty of VHS, VHSC. I even have brand new Betamax (unusual I know but they are still available and I always carried what my customers asked for).
Granfer
Last edited by granfer on Thu Sep 10, 2009 9:27 am, edited 1 time in total.
Mike Shaw

Post by Mike Shaw »

About 3 weeks ago I went through a web search for Sony miniDV Premium tapes, and in the end decided that Amazon had the best deal with packs of 10 (I bought three packs), postage free. I forget the exact price now (sorry) - it worked out around £1.70 per tape - but by going for the free delivery (and waiting two or three days longer for them to arrive) it was the best deal. The 5 packs (from Amazon) worked out more expensive! Other places I often use - Pricebusters for example - had cheaper tapes, but when you factored in the postage, became more expensive. Pricebusters always used to be the cheapest for tapes - but their delivery charge was around £7, so even buying in quantity, as I do, there was little saving in the end.
Stephen

Post by Stephen »

Up to 50 required...
Stephen

Film making is not a matter of Life and Death
It's much more important than that.
granfer

Post by granfer »

Oh dear! My closing down sale appears to have been too successful.. I've only located 6 so far! But I'll go through some more boxes and get back if I can be more helpful.