Pinnacle studio 11

A forum to share ideas and opinions on the equipment and technical aspects of film, video and AV making.
fraught

Re: Pinnacle studio 11

Post by fraught »

Also... i have to sadly say that when capturing from my Panasonic MiniDV device last night, it kept dropping frames! This was all immediately rectified by going back to Studio 10 Plus! :(

I'm not enjoying myself with the new app at all! LOL... will wait and see what the techies in the Pinnacle Forum's say.
Only Boring People Get Bored
http://www.fraught.net
ADBest

Re: Pinnacle stucio 11

Post by ADBest »

I am posting this on behalf of a club colleague who has tried to follow my advice to register on the forum but has run into problems. More on that later. His post follows:-

“For some time I have used Pinnacle Studio 9.4 to produce DVDs with menus and with very few problems. I have recently upgraded to 12 Ultimate using the full discs rather than the “upgrade” discs. Since then I cannot burn a readable disc. I get a message to say that the burn has failed although there is obvious evidence of burning on the actual DVD.
Studio 9.4 still burns with no problem. The Studio 12 discs work with no trouble when installed on another computer. Installing on an external hard drive makes no difference.”

I have also pointed him to Mike Shaw’s Guest book site, ‘Tips for Pinnacle Studio and Avid Liquid’, to see if he can find a solution to his problem.

On the registration issue he has been sent a new password, having had his original attempt blocked, but this new password too has been rejected. Could some forum official please help. ...
[NIBBET is a live member and should be able to use the forums. Please ask him to email me at asstweb@theiac.org.uk - Dave]

Arthur
ADBest

Post by ADBest »

Having had one or two days of my own ‘computer problems’ I can now report that my friend has managed to register with the forum thanks to the assistance of Dave Watterson. Thank you very much.

As a non-Studio user I have not been much help in Solving the problem he raised. I did suggest that he un-install all his video editing software and re-install Studio 14. He did this but still suffers from the same strange behaviour when attempting to burn to DVD. Has anyone any suggestions for his next move? He wasn’t very impressed by my last suggestion that he change to Premiere!

Arthur
Dave Watterson

Post by Dave Watterson »

Are the Project Preference settings correct - specially for Studio 12's scratch disc space (auxilliary files in Pinnacle speak)? Is there plenty of disc space there? Are they conflicting with the 9.4 version preferences if that version is still on the machine as you seem to suggest.

Have you tried creating a disc image - in the Burn Options choose "Create disc content but do not burn" ... then later using a separate disc burning program like Nero to interpret and burn the disc image to a DVD?

The manual claims that the knowledge base has notes that might help at Answer ID 13874 - though I cannot figure out how to get to it!

- Dave
NIBBET

Post by NIBBET »

Dave
Thanks for the suggestions. I removed Studio 9 while experimenting over the weekend and reinstalled when other attempts failed. However, an attempt to burn a rendered AVI file using Nero brings up the message: “Unexpected file format” and the file will then not import.
Trying Roxio brings up the message: “ Has encountered a problem and needs to close” or sometimes causes the computer to shut down completely.
Reinstalled Studio 9 will import the file and will burn to DVD but the authoring does not then work. This leads me to suspect that the menus would not work if the file were to be burnt using any other burning programme. Do you have any further ideas?

David