Blue Skies

A forum to share ideas and opinions on the equipment and technical aspects of film, video and AV making.
stingman

Blue Skies

Post by stingman »

Dear all,

I`m just doing some editing for my Hopenews.
I want to make my blue skies slightly bluer!

I`m useing Prem Pro 1.5, but the package shouldn`t make much difference.

Now you guys, which effect would be the best one to use?

Change colour, colour replace etc. I don`t know. I don`t normally change colours by a little bit. I do for extreme colours I want, but not suttle one`s, as in this case.

Thanks guys and.........

Be good....

Stingman
Ian Gardner
Film Maker
Dave Watterson

Post by Dave Watterson »

Welcome back, Stingman! We missed you.

I'd start trying with the Video Effects>Image Control>Change Color. Open up the effects control. Grab the "eye-dropper" from the "Color to Change" line and click it on the sky to be improved in your preview pane. Then use the "Saturation Transform" to bring up the blue 10-15%.

First rule - experiment on a clip that is a couple of seconds long which keeps rendering times short.

Second rule - adjust one scene at a time. What works for one shot may not look quite right on the next one taken a few minutes later, or round the corner from the first one.

It is a fiddly business.

Depending on the video editing card in your computer you may have other tools. Mine has Matrox and they have colour adjusting tools too.

Have fun making life brighter!

Dave
stingman

Post by stingman »

Thank you Dave,
It`s nice to be back! Sort of! I wish I could stay there, it is a great city inside the ring road!

As to Blue Skys. When i`m next on it i`ll try what you said and then give you feedback on it.

Thanks.

Be good..........

Stingman
Ian Gardner
Film Maker
stingman

Post by stingman »

Thanks Dave,
I tried what you said and it made the blue and bit better. It did what an even bluer sky, but it did improve it. I tried going past the limits you put on it and it started to make me blue. It wasn`t that cold!

Thanks.

Be good........

Stingman
Ian Gardner
Film Maker