Editing Rigs

A forum to share ideas and opinions on the equipment and technical aspects of film, video and AV making.
stingman

Post by stingman »

I still can see the pictures. I don`t think that posting pictures is in the rules of the forum. It may or may not be in them! But I did mention in an earlier post about posting pictures on this forum and why. It does take up alot of space on the IAC`s server and this server isn`t hosted by the usual Hosts!

You could have at least posted something worth looking at like a picture of Miss Anderson (you could! Please!!)

Please stop showing off your computer skills as I would not know how to to it! You bad little boys :lol: :lol: !!
Ian Gardner
Film Maker
billyfromConsett

Post by billyfromConsett »

This forum has rules? You're joking man! :P

But whatever, if Ray is correct about the HTML thing, the pics aren't on the IAC website. Is that right?

And just for you Stingman Image
stingman

Post by stingman »

Billy, we are bad boys.
THANK YOU :D :D

Ian going out in style 8)
cheers........
Ian Gardner
Film Maker
stingman

Post by stingman »

[quote="billyfromConsett"]This forum has rules? You're joking man! :P

But whatever, if Ray is correct about the HTML thing, the pics aren't on the IAC website. Is that right?

You are correct! I`ll take it all back. Just be carefull lads and the sort of pictures that are posted :oops: :lol:
Be good.
Ian Gardner
Film Maker
Ray Williamson

Post by Ray Williamson »

Right!
Pictures are uploaded to your OWN webspace, and linked into from there. You click the [Img] immediately before your picture link (starting with http://) and click [Img] again immediately after it, leaving no spaces.
It is a pleasure to see pictures of members` lady friends who will no doubt appear in your forthcoming productions.
Ray Williamson, East Sussex.
stingman

Post by stingman »

I hope you like the wife. How did you get a picture of her! I hope you havn`t been oogerling her :shock:
I never thought that it could be the wife who`s making me tired. Rumpy pumpty.
I`ll cool down now and apolagise for my imature actions.
Bye all.......
Ian Gardner
Film Maker
Dave Watterson

Post by Dave Watterson »

This is getting silly.

Stephen: I had to delete your last message for the same reason as before. You linked to your webspace on blueyonder. Your computer is probably set up to automatically give the necessary username and password for that. No one else's is !

Billy - one large photo of Pam Anderson is enough on a thread ! So I edited the copy out of your message.

To set the record straight:

ALL the IAC's webspace - the main site and this forum - is donated by Merula Limited, the company owned by Richard Palmer. Luckily for us Richard is a keen film maker with the Channel 7 club and is very generous to us.

Apart from space issues the nuisance in putting up photos is that if you remove the pic from your own webspace ... it vanishes from the forum too. Some of these threads are read months after they are written and you might remove the picture without remembering the link to the forum.

If you really must put up pics, please keep them to a modest size - and relevant to non-commercial movie-making ...

Dave
Stephen

Post by Stephen »

Thanks again Dave ... I had PM'd you as it was purely a test to follow the instructions Ray had given...... but the point is taken....

the original thread was for pictures of peeps Editing Rig !!!

though Pamela is welcome in my editing suite anytime...

ahem

I'll get me coat....
Stephen

Film making is not a matter of Life and Death
It's much more important than that.
billyfromConsett

Post by billyfromConsett »

Dave Watterson wrote:This is getting silly.

Billy - one large photo of Pam Anderson is enough on a thread ! So I edited the copy out of your message.
A bit of sillyness seems perfectly acceptable on a forum as far I'm concerned. No-one was injured or killed!!

As I recall I only put one picture of the lovely Pamela on this thread, so the other one must have been some other individual... where is Stingman anyhow?

If it's felt that the forum's space is being misused by any of the very few members who bother to actually use it, then let's all give up and leave it for the even fewer.

The other option I suppose would be to restrict this resource to paid up members of the IAC only. At least then we wouldn't have to read posts from people who are simply taking advantage of Richard's generosity to the IAC, whilst the likes of me, who pay, are inferred to of contributing to silly threads.

Sorry and all that, but it's our forum.
stingman

Post by stingman »

Stingman is here, don`t worry Billy! I`m always in the sidelines ready to pounce :lol:
First of all, Thanks Dave for leaving the picture up of Pam. It`s like having decent wallpaper in the house! Plus, I may have to keep this thread going a bit longer!

I must agree with Billy. Yes, there is a time to be serious and if one of our decent members has a real problem with anything to do with editing or making a film, then we all will do what we can and be the first to help sort it out. I have found, that when push comes to shove, we can all help each other out and stick up for each other.

As to the other subject being brought up called `FUN`. I`m a firm believer in having fun, even more so at someone elses expence :lol: 8) ! I think being funny and haveing fun posts keeps forums and clubs alive. What would this forum be like if all we did was to be serious all the time. I wouldn`t be here and I think alot of others wouldn`t be. It gives you a chance to forget whats outside the front door.
So to recap. By all means be serious most of the time, but every now and again we need have a mad 5 minutes.

Ian Gardner
Ian Gardner
Film Maker