Club Projectors

A forum to share ideas and opinions on the equipment and technical aspects of film, video and AV making.
tom hardwick

Post by tom hardwick »

This is excellent news indeed, and for anyone contemplating a home theatre system with a modern (delaying) display, is a must-have amplifier requirement.
billyfromConsett

lip-sync with hi-def projectors

Post by billyfromConsett »

Maybe my last update on this issue for picture delay - using a hi-definition, processor rich video projector.

I tested a new Panasonic PT-AX100 projector with a real movie, and looked to see if the lip sync was ok. It Passed in my view- I couldn't hear any evidence of the sound coming before the picture.
* and this was watched via digital sound with a 5.1 AV amp without any sound delay set up.

I then recorded a countdown leader from Premiere - with all the beeps sounding, and burned it onto a DVD.

The DVD was played in a player through the PT-AX100 whilst being videod. Digital sound with the 5.1 amp.

The clip was dropped into Premier's timeline and overlayed on the original countdown leader- opacity set to 50% so I could see both lines of video and audio.

The result was that the audio and video lined up within a frame of each other, ie a gap of probably around 20ms - So I am happy that with my setup and projector there is no problem.

Either the digital amp is delaying the sound or the projector is not delaying the picture.

So I couldn't get the picture and sound to become out of sync with my gear.

Can't apply this to a rig with an HDMI connection from player to projector, but I understand from Huddersfield that this connection actually sorted our their initial lip sync horror.
Peter Thomlinson

Re: audio delay box

Post by Peter Thomlinson »

tom hardwick wrote:Because of the problem of picture and audio being out of sync, I wrote up about the digital audio delay corrector in Positive Image last year. See page 7 of your May/June 2006 issue.

tom.
It's strange Tom, that I've recently noticed some TV programmes with the sound slightly out of sync. Is that them, or my freeview box? A lot of the time it's OK - so maybe it is them, or the computer at the freeview end. (Most noticeably on News 24 - live links and that sort of thing).
Peter
Sorry, I see that this has been mostly answered by some of the previous posts, which I had not read!! Naughty me!