Paul Kittel's Zoom evening

IAC General Discussions
tom hardwick

Paul Kittel's Zoom evening

Post by tom hardwick »

Paul Kittel is a man who knows his stuff.

IAC Patron, Paul Kittel, held a free-for-all on Wednesday 3rd November over Zoom, and lots of us gathered to be hugely entertained by the behind-the-scenes stories that have accompanied his filmmaking career.

He had spent many hours preparing his evening prior to the night, and he spoke with quiet authority of the joys and headaches of being a (at times) lone filmmaker tasked with seemingly the impossible.

Zoom is perfect for such a presentation. Nobody burns fossil fuels to drive on a wet and windy night to some lonely hall. Paul had his prepared presentation so that it was all neatly edited and ready to roll. The comments section (I was glad he had time to read it) gushed with admiration at not only his exploits, but his TV credentials and Zoom entertainment quotient.

A fascinating insight into the man, his motivation, drive, skill and ambition. Thank you Paul.
Ken Wilson

Re: Paul Kittel's Zoom evening

Post by Ken Wilson »

I wanted to see this, but we had already booked a night at a local theatre with some actors we know who have been in our films. Unfortunately, it fell on the same evening. The first theatre show for 2 years!
tom hardwick

Post by tom hardwick »

Other people are wishing they'd known about this meeting. Thing is Paul scripted, edited and produced his entire show beforehand, so presumably he has a link to it - the same link we all clicked on last night.
Howard-Smith

Post by Howard-Smith »

Here’s the link to Paul’s brilliant presentation:
https://drive.google.com/file/d/1fUSJIf ... SCLll/view
tom hardwick

Post by tom hardwick »

Thanks Howard
Dave Watterson

Post by Dave Watterson »

It seems to have been removed.
You will remember that Paul mentioned he had used this method of presenting the films, because technically the copyright did not belong to him.
Ken Wilson

Post by Ken Wilson »

Yes it has been removed. That`s a shame because I would have loved to have watched it.
TimStannard

Post by TimStannard »

Quite right that it should be removed. Although prepared beforehand it was part of his personal appearance. If enough people are interested I'm sure Paul would either make the film available by request or possibly arrange another evening.
It really was very good. Although i've been fortunate to have seen Paul talk before about similar experiences he still managed to make it fresh, exciting and informative.
The thing I love about the way Paul talks is he talks to us as fellow film makers, as equals, rather than as lecturer, teacher or even mentor to student or pupil (although he is all of those things). The stories he tells and the problems he experiences are the sorts of things we all might experience (although in his case, they are amplified as this is how he earns a crust.

He carries this same air of being a peer when he makes comments on our films.
We are truly fortunate to have him as a patron - and a friend.
Tim
Proud to be an amateur film maker - I do it for the love of it
Paul Kittel

Post by Paul Kittel »

Thank you for the very kind words in this thread. I enjoy being involved with amateur film and the IAC and thank you, the film makers, for making competitions like BIAFF so special.
If anyone is brave enough to watch my presentation, I can send them a link. Please email me on paul@elftonproductions.uk.
Happy film-making!