Paul Vernon

IAC General Discussions
ned c

Paul Vernon

Post by ned c »

Friend and fellow film maker Paul Vernon died today. I enjoyed the privelege of working with Paul on his modern Western "Stream of Dreams" he was a Western enthusiast and won Crystal Award with his feature "Vermijo" and made a number of Western themed shorts. Paul was an active member of Solent Movie Makers. I had hoped to work on another project with Paul; sadly it is not to be.

ned c
Dave Watterson

Re: Paul Vernon

Post by Dave Watterson »

That is sad news, Ned.

Paul's enthusiasm for the Westerns and his dogged determination to make long-length films inspired many others. Both he and his films were much admired.
Jill Lampert

Post by Jill Lampert »

Sorry to hear this sad news. Paul's passion for filmmaking was a joy. He was a lovely man. I'll miss seeing him at film related events.
ned c

Post by ned c »

https://vimeo.com/user3134480

Here is Paul in the BTS of "Stream of Dreams."
ned c

Post by ned c »

https://vimeo.com/manage/videos/337916744

Correct link; sorry about that.
Howard-Smith

Post by Howard-Smith »

I’m really sorry and sad that another good man has gone. I was privileged to have Paul as a friend on Facebook and also we corresponded occasionally by email. In his last email to me in March this year he mentioned that he’d been battling spinal cancer for two and a half years and that he’d been unable to make any films during the pandemic. He was frustrated that he had several new ideas for films but was unable to get them made. I think everyone who ever met Paul would have been struck by his obvious enthusiasm for westerns, films and filmmaking. His western VERMIJO in particular was an incredible achievement for an ‘amateur’ production. He will be very sadly missed. RIP Paul.