FVM June 2021

IAC General Discussions
Martin Evans

FVM June 2021

Post by Martin Evans »

On page 21 there is an article about the film "Fly by Northern Scotland" at the foot of which is the following link to view said film:

http://1drv.ms/v/s!ArpK2Tc5bmLYtjqlc_rh ... -?e=YxSzge

Now from a print magazine that's an awful lot to type in. It took me three goes before I finally corrected all the upper/lower case differences.

If I may offer a tip to the present editors, please use tinyurl.com (or bitly.com) to shorten this incredibly complex link to something more reader and ageing eyesight friendly.

Try this one: https://tinyurl.com/scottishfilm
TimStannard

Re: FVM June 2021

Post by TimStannard »

Martin Evans wrote: Sat May 08, 2021 7:56 pm https://tinyurl.com/scottishfilm
Surely that links to a film version of Macbeth (I'll get my coat)
Tim
Proud to be an amateur film maker - I do it for the love of it
tom hardwick

Post by tom hardwick »

Good advice Martin. I think we've all got so used to simply 'clicking the link' that using tinyurl has slipped our minds.
John Simpson

Post by John Simpson »

I notice on the cover of FVM it says "Serving Members Since 1932" . At that time amateur filmmaking must have been very new and exciting and probably expensive. Probably mainly done by men, something new to entertain the family, The introduction of commercial films on video was something similar. Now even very young children can entertain themselve with technology. What can the man bring home for the family now?

(I was thinking of the old idea of "Hunter Gatherer" communities!)
tom hardwick

Post by tom hardwick »

I also note on the front cover that the IAC serves members in all countries of GB, but that Northern Ireland is excluded. Is it possible that no IAC members live there?
John Simpson

Post by John Simpson »

Northen Ireland is part of the North West Region of the IAC.
TimStannard

Post by TimStannard »

John Simpson wrote: Wed May 12, 2021 6:45 pm Northen Ireland is part of the North West Region of the IAC.
I think Tom's point is that Northern Ireland is not mentioned, rather than it is not served.
My assumption is that there's still some post-Brexit IAC border that needs sorting out.
No doubt, given our Chairman's ability to sort out the technology required for online meetings, IAC invisible border controls will be well within his grasp and I expect an announcement soon.
Tim
Proud to be an amateur film maker - I do it for the love of it