A Great Read

IAC General Discussions
ned c

A Great Read

Post by ned c »

aussiemoviemaker@bigpond.com

If you don't all ready get the Aussie Movie Maker on-line magazine then I do recommend you sign up for it. Packed with really good stuff (OK they publish my articles as well). An example of how an on-line magazine can be very effective.

ned c
TimStannard

Re: A Great Read

Post by TimStannard »

Ned, that's just an email address. Do we simply email them and ask to subscribe or is there something a bit less secretive :lol: :lol:
I've done a quick search fro Aussie Movie Maker but can't find anything that is obviously this.
Tim
Proud to be an amateur film maker - I do it for the love of it
ned c

Post by ned c »

I think you have to ask the editor to be added to the circulation. His name is Gary Peterson; I am sure he will welcome you.

ned c
TimStannard

Post by TimStannard »

Thanks Ned
Tim
tom hardwick

Post by tom hardwick »

I know Gary the editor puts a huge amount of time into the compilation of AMM and it shows. The downloadable PDF format seems made in heaven for such a publication, and you can so easily read it on multiple devices, have the text as large as you like and zoom into the pictures with ease, seeing details that will for always remain invisible when delivered on the printed page.

I fear that however quickly the IAC wants to catch up, he's too far ahead, his lead is to great. AMM is quickly gathering in the writers and readers, and the clickable menu lets you flip to whatever page you like in a split second. Articles can be as long and in-depth as you like, there's no extra costs for another page in the PDF world.

FVM relies on good old fashioned page layout and front cover. The images are tiny, the paper, inks, staples, packaging, postage all seem so antiquated.

Yes there is something about having a tangible hard copy on the coffee table, in the same way as books will always have their place alongside the downloaded audio. But my life is busy, and about the only time I get to 'read a book' is when I'm driving, and have my favourite book coming at me through the car's speakers.
tom hardwick

Post by tom hardwick »

And how could I forget? The clickable link - to the eBay seller with the perfect piece of kit, to the YouTube 'how to' demo, to the wonderful short you've just seen on Vimeo.
Easy-peasy on the PDF magazine, hassle on the printed page.
TimStannard

Post by TimStannard »

ned c wrote: Wed Sep 02, 2020 9:00 pm I think you have to ask the editor to be added to the circulation. His name is Gary Peterson; I am sure he will welcome you.

ned c
Hmmm no reply as yet. Maybe it got deleted as spam (I get so much I don't always spot things I want). Follow up sent.

[EDIT] Gary responded to my second email - apparently a technical glitch had prevented me being added to the circulation list. Looking forward to a good read later.
Tim
Michael Slowe

Post by Michael Slowe »

Tom, if you're too busy to read a nice printed magazine how come you can read it on line? Sat hunched over a computer screen and having to click and scroll a tiny cursor that you can hardly see. Option, sat down comfortably, cup of coffee to hand and nice bright easy to read and turn pages.