Mermaid & mini Mermaid

IAC General Discussions
Richard Scarsbrook

Mermaid & mini Mermaid

Post by Richard Scarsbrook »

I see these competitions are included at the IAC AGM, but what are they? I'd like to encourage members of my clubs to support them, but I can't find the current rules/entry requirements or the closing dates. There is stuff about previous competitions on the website, but nothing current. Can anyone help?

Thanks
TimStannard

Re: Mermaid & mini Mermaid

Post by TimStannard »

The Mermaid ad Mini Mermaid competition is between regions. Each region enters one film in each category to represent them. The films should be "light hearted and enjoyable" - designed to entertain the audience at the AGM. The Mini Mermaid is for films up to 60 seconds in length.

It is entirely up to each region how they select their entries although I presume it has to have been made by members of said region!
Tim
Proud to be an amateur film maker - I do it for the love of it
Richard Scarsbrook

Post by Richard Scarsbrook »

Thanks Tim. Unfortunately that seems to rule out entries from members of former NW Region clubs :(
TimStannard

Post by TimStannard »

Hmmmmm. I wonder what would happen if someone from NW Region (or East Anglia, come to that) submitted a couple of films, stating they were the region's entry. :wink:
Tim
Proud to be an amateur film maker - I do it for the love of it
Jill Lampert

Post by Jill Lampert »

Stoke Cine and Video Society joined CEMRIAC when their region folded. And I believe some of them have joined as individual members of CEMRIAC.
I wonder whether your club could approach the IAC and see whether it and/or its members could do the same?