Val Ellis tribute film

IAC General Discussions
Richard Scarsbrook

Val Ellis tribute film

Post by Richard Scarsbrook »

Frank Parker and David Andrew of Cheadle and Gatley Film Makers have produced a lovely film tribute to Val Ellis, who contributed greatly to the IAC and passed away last year. The film contains many clips from Val's very diverse portfolio, as well as footage of Val herself. You can watch it herehttps://youtu.be/7yDWkqNs_38 on YouTube. It's downloadable so you can show it at your club, or wherever, as well.
Dave Watterson

Re: Val Ellis tribute film

Post by Dave Watterson »

Thanks, Richard, for making this available to us all ... and thanks David Andrew for making it.

We lost a lot, when we lost Val.
Willy

Post by Willy »

Many thanks, Richard Swarsbrook and David Andrew. This was quite a surprise! It was really a very moving picture tribute to a fantastic lady. It was quite an honour to have had chats with Valrie at BIAFFs and also at Guernsey Lily Film Festivals, with the first lady president of the IAC who travelled all over the world in her capacity. I always enjoyed her speeches and it was good to hear her voice again in this film as a narrator. But thanks to your movie, David Andrew, I also discovered her varied interests, her versatile mind and talents. She made animation films and documentaries. She was an excellent actress… She was a good artist. This is a film with chats that are very spontaneous, with well chosen music and simple, but good introductions by you Andrew,... Allow me to repeat the words she said to you at the end of your movie: "A couple of years ago late at night I was driving Val back from a film show that we'd given. Suddenly in the dark came her voice. She said: " I'd been lucky in my life. I've done a lot of things. I've achieved a lot of things. I've met a lot of good and interesting people and I've been to a lot of fantastic places…" If she would still be among us I would give her a good hug … "I would congratulate you, Valrie, on all the wonderful things that you have done and that have been revealed in this film.
Willy Van der Linden
Willy

Post by Willy »

Sorry, your name, Richard, is Scarsbrook. My apologies. And also my apologies to Frank Parker who produced this lovely film together with David Andrew. Both members of the Cheadle and Gatley Film Makers.
Willy Van der Linden
Michael Slowe

Post by Michael Slowe »

May I add my name to those who are fondly remembering Val Ellis.

What a lovely lady, full of fun and at the same time, serious, intelligent and witty. The children that she taught were indeed lucky to have that experience and I'm sure they will benefit from it all their lives. As a film maker Val was imaginatively creative and gave audiences a lot of pleasure. She was, I'm proud to say, always complimentary in respect of my own work, but never shy of making the odd acerbic comment! Her passing is so sad, the IAC will be the poorer without her.