"Will 'Ye Go to Flanders" screened to commemorate the end of WWI

IAC General Discussions
Willy

"Will 'Ye Go to Flanders" screened to commemorate the end of WWI

Post by Willy »

On 4th November my documentary "Will Ye Go to Flanders?" (5 stars at BIAFF) was shown in a room of the transit camp of Breendonk. After my film had been screened a choir sang songs about the First World War. A wreath was laid at a war monument. There was an exhibition and a reception. To be honest I was proud. There are only 80 seats in that cinema room, but there were about 200 people. My film was screened three times. The big chief of the concentration camp asked me if he could show my movie also on 11th November at a ceremony. Of course I agreed. Maybe you remember that I also made a documentary about Breendonk itself. Now I would not be able to make such epic stories again, but I will show a short one at BIAFF next year. I have also translated two movies made by a clubmate. Of course for BIAFF.
Willy Van der Linden
Dave Watterson

Re: "Will 'Ye Go to Flanders" screened to commemorate the end of WWI

Post by Dave Watterson »

It is right and fitting, that your film should be shown - especially this year. I am sure, that all of those 200 people were moved. The screening tomorrow will doubtless also go well.

And thanks for the great news that this year's BIAFF will have a Willy entry!
TimStannard

Post by TimStannard »

I've not seen either film, Willy. Are they available online? Or perhaps you can suggets a mutual friend in the UK who could lend me a copy?

Tim
Tim
Proud to be an amateur film maker - I do it for the love of it
Willy

Post by Willy »

Hello Tim, Could you pass me your address? (by Messenger?) I will send to you : "Will Ye Go to Flanders?" and "On the Road to Passchendaele". They are not on Youtube. Perhaps they are my best movies. You can find a "The Making of..."article about both documentaries on the IAC-website. Some IAC-friends must have them, but I don't remember the names of these friends.
Willy Van der Linden
TimStannard

Post by TimStannard »

(Willy contacted me privately)
Tim
Proud to be an amateur film maker - I do it for the love of it