Paul Kittel Documentary Sunday 28th October 2018

IAC General Discussions
TimStannard

Paul Kittel Documentary Sunday 28th October 2018

Post by TimStannard »

Just a heads up that Paul Kittel's documentary "Hitlers Holocaust Railways with Chris Tarrant" is being shown tomorrow on UK's Channel 5 at 9.00pm.

Those of us present at the IAC AGM last weekend were privileged to hear Paul speak about the making of this and many other programmes on whichh he has been working over the past three years. I'm sure everyone present is also looking forward to the later four part documentary following the journies of 12 DHL parcels across the world which he shot as a solo effort with only a backpack for company containing his clothes and the sort of equipment each of us might use. It's truly inspiring to see the results that can be achieved by a professional solo shooter.

I was lucky enough to sit at the same table as Paul at the AGM dinner and I was particularly struck by his down to earth attitude, his enthusiasm, his willingness to share what he's learned - as well as his openness to learning from our own, amateur, experiences. One of the friendliest, most pleasant and interesting individuals I've ever had the pleasure to meet and truly deserving of the honourary Fellowship bestowed upon him.
Tim
Proud to be an amateur film maker - I do it for the love of it
Dave Watterson

Re: Paul Kittel Documentary Sunday 28th October 2018

Post by Dave Watterson »

I can only say "here! here!" to the comments on Paul. I was not at the AGM event but have had the pleasure of meeting him on other occasions. The second film of his I ever saw was a tribute to his father called "AN AMATEUR AUTEUR". The first was an animation, whose title I cannot recall, which featured an irritatingly catchy chorus line of "gin, gin".
Brian Saberton

Re: Paul Kittel Documentary Sunday 28th October 2018

Post by Brian Saberton »

I would like to echo Tim's comments about Paul Kittel. I found his presentation at the AGM weekend to be both interesting and inspiring and I returned home feeling sufficiently encouraged to get back to making some personal films again, after a year or so in the doldrums. I watched Paul's programme about the Railways of the Holocaust last night which I think is a superb production.
Brian Saberton