PRINTER INKS

IAC General Discussions
Lee Prescott

PRINTER INKS

Post by Lee Prescott »

:roll: Hello there! I thought that I would mention this although some might already know.

Having bought a new Epson Printer (also prints DVDs / CDs) to replace my previous Epson Printer,
I then discovered that a pack of 6 inks for the new Printer are gleefully offered - by Epsom - at
the price of £89.99!!! I then had a look at Cartridge Discount whom I have previously used
without the slightest problem. Their price for the same 'compatible' inks is £16.99 inc. VAT!!!

Crazy init?

I am also aware that Epsom "tried, tries it on", by stating that to use 'compatible inks' voids any
guarantee BUT --- I have also been informed officially - that Epsom were told and have been prevented
from such a "manipulation"!

Lee. :)
John Roberts

Re: PRINTER INKS

Post by John Roberts »

I've been using compatible inks for decades and never had an issue with any inks or printers, either Epson, Lexmark or HP.

Only thing I would add is that nearly all the commonly available compatible inks appear to be water based, so if you're after longevity or are producing booklets etc that will be handled, then you will probably find that the compatible inks smudge. I use compatibles for 99% of my printouts, but for handouts and wine bottle labels (which don't even run when the bottle is being soaked to remove the label) I always swap back to genuine inks.

John
Lee Prescott

Post by Lee Prescott »

Hi John,

Yeah I've used "compatibles" for quite a long time too...but never having read unprotected papers under water or even labelled
bottles.-.-.-. :lol: - I never knew that! But the Epson price re "genuine-s" is positively an affront! :shock:

Lee.
Lee Prescott

Post by Lee Prescott »

Yoh Again,

Re: Epson Printers at least:- Just thought I'd better add this - In using Compatible Inks If the printer "rejects" them in any way
simply switch it off, leave for 30 seconds, switch it on again and provided the cartridges have bee installed correctly this
should / will work. It's only happened to me twice in several years!
Happy (not break the bank) printing!

LEE. :)