How was The Celebrity Weekender ?

IAC General Discussions
Dave Watterson

How was The Celebrity Weekender ?

Post by Dave Watterson »

Jan and I could not get to the AGM weekend ... how did it go?
John Roberts

Re: How was The Celebrity Weekender ?

Post by John Roberts »

Not sure Dave, I couldn't make it either. Hopefully we'll get some feedback soon :)
fraught

Post by fraught »

I didn't make it either! House is full of the pox! LOL...
Only Boring People Get Bored
http://www.fraught.net
TimStannard

Post by TimStannard »

If we're just compiling a list of people who didn't make it, count me in (Martine's birthday/Half Term etc etc).
Hopefully Brian S, who posted on Facebook that he did attend, will be able to fill us in.
Tim
Proud to be an amateur film maker - I do it for the love of it
Brian Saberton

Post by Brian Saberton »

I was there from the Friday and thoroughly enjoyed the weekend. On Friday evening we had a very interesting presentation by Paul Vernon about how he went about shooting his western films, two in Arizona and another in Aberdeenshire. To mark the 50th anniversary of the introduction of Super 8 film and the fact that the 24th October was world Super 8 day the Sunday afternoon show comprised a number of award winning films from the 1970's and 80's compiled by Phillip Collins from the IAC archives and it was interesting to see how well they stood up after so many years. "Tug" by Circle 8, "Aoife's Day" by Rathormac Film Unit, "The Life and Death of Joe Soap" by Lewis Cooper and "Unlucky for Some" by Altrincham Cine Club were stand outs for me, not to mention George Farley's "Mumbles"... come to think of it all the films stood out in their own way and generated a lot of memories from those of us who had seen them first time round or who knew something of how they had been made. It's easy to forget the difficulties of filming in Super 8 when all you had was one precious original, not to mention the problems of filming dialogue scenes. I also enjoy the social side of these events and the chance to catch up with other IAC friends and chat about movies etc. face to face in a convivial atmosphere.
Brian Saberton