"Bakri" in a film by Gérard Depardieux!

IAC General Discussions
Willy

"Bakri" in a film by Gérard Depardieux!

Post by Willy »

Do you remember my actor Idrissa Mbengue in my film "Bakri" shown at BIAFF in Harrogate some years ago? He played the role of an asylum seeker. It was based on a true story. It really happened in my flat.

Iddy was very proud. Afterwards I could read in his curriculum vitae on internet that I had asked him to play that role. "The film Bakri by Willy Van der Linden", I could read. He said that the film "Bakri" was successful in an international film festival in London. That was not true. It was BIAFF at Harrogate. Four stars I remember. But I understand... Maybe London is better for your career.

At that time he could not speak Dutch very well, but he did his utmost. Actually he only spoke French. It was not a problem to ask him what to do. In my film the police had to arrest him. But they were a little bit too rough. I had to ask the "policeman" to calm down also because Iddy hated it. Actually it was a film against racism and for more tolerance.

But guess, what happened now! Gérard Dépardieux, the world famous French filmmaker, has asked Iddy to play a role in his next film. That's wonderful, isn't it? The first scenes will be filmed at Wien in Austria.
Willy Van der Linden
Willy

Re: "Bakri" in a film by Gérard Depardieux!

Post by Willy »

Sorry for my spelling in previous message. The name is Gérard Depardieu. Actually in the first place he is a world famous actor. But he is also a film producer.
He is a Russian now who lives in Belgium. Maybe you know the reason. I think that Belgium is a paradise for certain people.
Willy Van der Linden