Sounds a bargain

IAC General Discussions
Peter Stedman

Sounds a bargain

Post by Peter Stedman »

I have just received a 'spam' email from a company called Pinpoint in Cheltenham. Just wondered if any of you have received the same. [They are pinpoint.com]

A small clip of the message reads "As a very unique new year opportunity, we are providing the chance to create 3 videos for your company for just £165 each - with the videos reaching the same standards that we create for the likes of RAF, Chartered Management Institute, Bruton Knowles, 24/7 Fitness, Clarion Events and hundreds of other leading brands each year".

It appears that these vids can be 1/3 minutes long. The mind boggles. Any comments?
Pete
TimStannard

Re: Sounds a bargain

Post by TimStannard »

It's pinpointuk.com, not pinpoint.com
3 videos at £165 could mean anything. It could just be animated graphics and a voiceover. With the client providing all graphics and the script. They appear to be a young company (two people) hungry to build a portfolio. It's quite possible that the work they've done for clients so far has been free or very preferential in order to get the names. I couldn't find much in the way of examples of what they've done for their clients. Here http://www.pinpointuk.com/our-solutions/ the Gentleman's Journal vid obviously required some filming but the other two could have been done with no more than a computer and some stock images. If these are put together in otherwise "dead" time, I don't see it as particularly mind boggling.

None of this is a criticism of PinPoint, their product looks perfectly good, I'm just pointing out that 3 videos for £165 each is not necessarily what one initially thinks it is.
Tim
Proud to be an amateur film maker - I do it for the love of it
Peter Stedman

Post by Peter Stedman »

Hi Tim,
Thanks for your comments. I didn't put all their message, but here is another snippet.

After a fantastic 2014 where we created over 2,000 company videos, we are further showcasing our passion for supporting the marketing efforts of UK businesses - whether you are a one man band, SME or multi-national, we're sure this video media offer will benefit your company. There is absolutely no upsell. A few examples below of what you can utilise this offer for:
- Company Video
- About Us
- Product or Service Video
- Recruitment Video
- Client Testimonial Video
We will film on site at a location of your choice, with the result being a high-end, professionally produced series of 1-2 minute company videos in high definition for your business to utilise on your website, social media, marketing & sales campaigns or face-to-face presentations.

Cheers. Pete
col lamb

Post by col lamb »

A two man band = 200 videos produced in 2014 = 1 hour 40 minutes for each person to produce a single video.

Now that is quite a workload, even if the media is sent to them.
Col Lamb
Preston, Lancashire.
FCPX, Edius6.02, and Premiere CS 5.5 user.
Find me on Facebook, Colin Lamb
TimStannard

Post by TimStannard »

2000 videos for clients eh? That's impressive. Strange they have a page full of their clients' logos but none of them is clickable to a video.

To be fair col, two man band is the impression I got from their website, so I may be misrepresenting them.
Tim
Proud to be an amateur film maker - I do it for the love of it