Pan. DMC-FZ72 camera

IAC General Discussions
Peter Stedman

Pan. DMC-FZ72 camera

Post by Peter Stedman »

A friend has just got the Panasonic Lumix DMC-FZ72 camera to use for video. He has also changed to Power Director for his editing. He calls me in for guidance . . (Oh Lord).

Putting his video clips on the Timeline and playing them, there is a noticeable glitch in the audio between each clip. Looking closely at the expanded audio waveform it shows that at the beginning and end of each clip there is a very small period of no audio. It appears that each clip must be trimmed top/tail to get rid of this. Yes, I appreciate that most clips will be trimmed anyway, but that's not the point.

Any ideas and suggestions on this annoying revelation please?

Pete. :roll:
col lamb

Re: Pan. DMC-FZ72 camera

Post by col lamb »

I would suggest that he goes to a camera shop armed with an SD card and test shoots a few video clips, takes the card home and see if the same result occurs.

Whilst not the same camera my Wife has just got an FZ200 but not used it for video, we will try it over the weekend to see if the same thing happens, will let you know soon.

Maybe worthwhile downloading and installing the test version of Edius just to see if the same thing happens with other editing software
Col Lamb
Preston, Lancashire.
FCPX, Edius6.02, and Premiere CS 5.5 user.
Find me on Facebook, Colin Lamb
Peter Stedman

Post by Peter Stedman »

Thanks Col,
I will speak to my friend over the phone tomorrow. I will suggest that he lets me have his card and I will try out his clips in my CS6.
Cheers.
Pete
Peter Stedman

Post by Peter Stedman »

Hi Col,
Said I would give you a follow up on this query of mine. I visited my friend and the first thing I did was to put his SD card in his other computer and load a couple of his dodgy clips into his Pinnacle programme. Same problem there.

I then asked if he had another SD card and he had a new one. I took a couple of video shots on this new card and put those into Power Director. NO PROBLEMS. Logic says that it must be the card. However I have asked him to take several video shots - perhaps in front of his TV so there is ample sound - and then we can have a proper test. I wait to hear from him.
Cheers. Pete.
TimStannard

Post by TimStannard »

Peter, if he's not already done so, before ditching the SD card, I'd suggest reformatting it and trying again. Make sure he reformats it in the camera he's going to use.
Tim
Proud to be an amateur film maker - I do it for the love of it
Peter Stedman

Post by Peter Stedman »

Teaks Tim,
I was aware of this but thanks for reminding me.
Pete