Decorations and lights

IAC General Discussions
Dave Watterson

Decorations and lights

Post by Dave Watterson »

It is coming up to that season again, when in Britain drab estates become festooned with coloured lights, outsized blow-up Santas, gold and silver chains and all the over-the-top fun of the Christmas holiday.

Why don't we each shoot some of the more outlandish or lavish decorations in our area, pop them on YouTube or Vimeo and link to them in this thread? Short is probably better.

Note:
Click the Vimeo button just above the panel where you write. That leaves two codes in square brackets: [vimeo][/vimeo]
Copy between the codes the number of the video, like this: [vimeo]-number-[/vimeo]
Click the preview button below the writing panel to check that the video appears.

Click the YouTube button just above the panel where you write. That leaves two codes in square brackets:[youtube][/youtube]
Copy between the codes the full address of the video as it appears in your web browser, including the "http://" and so on. (Copy and paste to save yourself a lot of careful typing! Some YouTube addresses are very long indeed).
I cannot illustrate that with the real codes but it would look like this:

Code: Select all

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BZSA_lgHorc
Click the preview button below the writing panel to check that the video appears.

Sometimes YouTube can be difficult![/color]
TimStannard

Re: Decorations and lights

Post by TimStannard »

Just two weeks ago I announced a "Chairman's Christmas Challenge" to members of Staines along very similar line (Christmas lights around your town). I'll ensure I post my own offering here.
Tim
Proud to be an amateur film maker - I do it for the love of it
TimStannard

Post by TimStannard »

Well, I didn't get it done in time for my Chairman's Challenge (which was won by a fantastic little film of Hyde Park's "Winter Wonderland" by Geoff Rippingale shot hand-held on his Sony RX100 Mk III)
but I did get around to making this. Comments on the video and content are welcome, but please be gentle on the trumpet playing - it's provided by my 10 year old who's just passed her Grade 1.

Silent Night, Christmas Lights - filmed in and around Walton-on-Thames, Surrey, December 2014

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Xv-JA0UyGPc[/youtube]

Merry Christmas All!
Tim
Dave Watterson

Post by Dave Watterson »

Thanks, Tim. After hours of cleaning, tidying and preparations ... this finally got me in the mood for Christmas.
TimStannard

Post by TimStannard »

Dave Watterson wrote:Thanks, Tim. After hours of cleaning, tidying and preparations ... this finally got me in the mood for Christmas.
I often find a Whisky Mac helps! (but don't waste a good Single Malt making one)
Tim
Willy

Post by Willy »

A wonderful film, Tim. I enjoyed it very much. Many thanks for having shown it. I also enjoy a whisky and a whiskey. The first one is Scottish. My favourite whisky is Glenmorangie. The second one is Irish. My favourite whiskey is Paddy. The spelling is different and so is the taste. Look at the labels on the bottles and try them. Ideal for Christmas.

Actually I was joking a bit. I only drink mineral water.

The young girl with her trumpet is fantastic. The close ups are very good: sheet with music, the girl's fingers... Edited on the rhythm of "Silent Night". No noise in film. The right atmosphere.

By the way: Happy New Year!
Willy Van der Linden
Willy

Post by Willy »

I forgot to mention the wonderful special effects in this short film, Tim: the flickering little lights flying away. Great!
Willy Van der Linden
TimStannard

Post by TimStannard »

Thanks for your kind words Willy. There are many here who would, I'm sure, make a far better job of it, but it's a personal film an, more importantly, it's the only film posted in response to Dave W's suggestion! Ho, Ho, Ho!
Happy New Year to you all and I particularly wish you the very best of health.
Tim