FVM iac-nle column

IAC General Discussions
col lamb

FVM iac-nle column

Post by col lamb »

It is now time that this column is ended and thanks given to Colin Jones for his endeavours to date.

I say this because in recent issues there have been posts by myself reproduced that are 18 months old and they now have factual errors.

The problem with e-mail groups is that A asks a question B and C reply independently, then you have two versions circulating.

A+B and another A+C, then D replies to one and E replies to another so you have A+B+D and A+C+E then as the e-mails get held up and not sent out in order they land on the server F replies to A and we now have another A+F variant. Are you getting the picture the posts become very disjointed and can be difficult to follow.

With this forum A posts B responds C adds their post, D theirs and so on nice and chronological, easy to follow.

Now if someone has had a problem with DVD's in Encore and the posts have been superseded a search "DVD Encore" can be undertaken and there are all the results, if one is near your problem you can add an update request after listing your issues, or you can post a new message, but on any forum it is best to search for an answer to your problem as it may have already been asked by AN Other so search before starting a new thread.

Hence this forum is the best place to get your problems resolved, it is certainly the only one I frequent regularly.

I do go on Facebook more regularly so search for me and send a friends request, then if you have a question that you think I can solve then a post there will get me quicker, but please post your problem here

Nuf 4 now
Col Lamb
Preston, Lancashire.
FCPX, Edius6.02, and Premiere CS 5.5 user.
Find me on Facebook, Colin Lamb
Dave Watterson

Re: FVM iac-nle column

Post by Dave Watterson »

We always appreciate your knowledge and experience, Col. You are willing to help on such a wide range of technical issues that our whole hobby benefits enormously from your wisdom.