FVM April 2014

IAC General Discussions
fraught

Re: FVM April 2014

Post by fraught »

I agree with alot of the above. WE have the power to do something about the magazine, by submitting articles that WE would want to read. Or even persuading others to do so! I've been badgering certain friends of mine to write and article about the Red Carpet Screenings Film Festival... hopefully something will come to fruition soon.

I'm also going to put my money where my mouth is and write something for a future FVM. Whether you'll want to read it or not is another thing! But the one thing i can guarantee... it won't be anything to do with "vintage equipment". ;-)
Only Boring People Get Bored
http://www.fraught.net
col lamb

Post by col lamb »

Dave

Many thanks for the link.

I have just downloaded the accounts via the link and was very pleased to see the very healthy financial status of the IAC.

Why is it that the downloads are not readily visible in the menu?

I have just gone through each menu available on my ipad browser and no downloads button is visible

The minutes of council meetings should also be available, so come on you Council members be open and let us know what is going on.
Col Lamb
Preston, Lancashire.
FCPX, Edius6.02, and Premiere CS 5.5 user.
Find me on Facebook, Colin Lamb
Lee Prescott

Post by Lee Prescott »

:)
Dave, not-with-standing your “references” Huey has demanded my “Explanation” – here it is:-

My Dear Huey, --- My reply.

What “respect” where is it?

Congratulations, I now note that you have written 4 Posts in just coming up to 3 years!!! - Busy?

“Crap most of the time” oh dear that’s a “naughty word” even on this Forum! Even if it’s “supposed” to be a joke! Anyway Sir, thanks for writing “most” and “not all”! Can you do better? I have never seen your name attached to anything.

Now you miss the point. It’s not FVM as such but the Hierarchy in my case. Worry not Huey, I don’t make this up, I have been told: (Ref. G.H.) They thoroughly dislike even the possibility of criticism from me, or from anyone else.

Explanation: (As per your request)!

Article: “Toilets on Space Vehicles” et al. S.N. March / April 2014. Five Comments: (a). Again you miss the “future” point Sir, at least it’s different but don’t worry Sir, you’ll be long gone when our video making, (Great) Grandchildren perform these producing and reporting tasks. (b). It also does seem to me that you are devoid of a “suitable” sense of humour, or a tongue to place in your cheek! Too “serious”. (c). I’m told that I’m a “good columnist”, even by two well known members of the, (ok), National Council. The others don’t speak! (d). Some of my material by the way, is also published and credited abroad ©, © S.N. (e). Note: I do not edit the electronic SOCO NEWSLETTER which is also read widely abroad – believe it!

Now then Huey, “With all Respect”, I suggest that you get cracking and match this – to say nothing further of your contributions to this Forum!!!

Regards and do try to keep smiling. LEE.
TimStannard

Post by TimStannard »

Red Carpet Screenings would make an excellent article. Whilst probably not something that would directly involve IAC or club members as participants, the whole concept should appeal. Many club (and IAC?) members want to show and discuss their films in a critical, but non-competitive environment. So it might inspire. Who knows? A few of us (DW, a couple of us from Staines, a couple from Reading) have attended. It's great to see what the up and coming film makers produce. More importantly, it's inspiring. It doesn't feel like a platform for the typical IAC member without professional aspirations to show a film (although many would certainly hold their own) but it's a great community.

Back on topic, I'm considering submitting a piece about Editors Keys keyboards - although I need to iron out a "big" with the manufacturers. Would anyone be interested in that?
Tim
Proud to be an amateur film maker - I do it for the love of it