Hi guys

IAC General Discussions
john ingham

Hi guys

Post by john ingham »

hope you are all well, what a mental year we have had…awful at times. but may be a silver lining at the end…
we have been busy trying to buy a smallholding, nearly got one in wales, but it looks like we will be staying in devon after a stroke of luck

anyway!!! still shooting when time permits, and old johnny did a little bit in front of camera…. didn't like that :lol: i took the role of shepherd/farmer type person to help out on a friends film

thought i would give you a quick look

hope to get settled for next year..so many projects going on

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k71bSUtdKcA[/youtube]

john
Keep trying, for one day you will get it right
Dave Watterson

Re: Hi guys

Post by Dave Watterson »

What a sweet film. Good luck with the contest. We had the pleasure of meeting last year's winners at the recent Basingstoke Red Carpet Screenings.

What a good-looking bunch of people ... well except the pug! That shepherd was good at blowing the whistle-toy-thingie.

Sorry it has been such a rotten year for you, John. I am sure we all hope you have a much better time in 2014. I cannot help wondering how many fine films we miss each year because people have too much else to deal with in their lives.

Best wishes to you and yours.
Frank Maxwell

Post by Frank Maxwell »

What a wonderful little video. It just shows simplicity can have such a impact.
Peter B

Post by Peter B »

A very nice little film John.
My attempts at videos & AV sequences can be found on my website- http://www.dragon-sanctuary.co.uk
john ingham

Post by john ingham »

thanks guys, glad you enjoyed it….

this year has been horrible, but things have really started to turn, and a few things have made me realise, what life is really about,
I have been lucky enough to have worked with a lad who was blown up in afghanistan , that taught me , money is not the be all and end all of things..

at the moment, we are trying to buy a little run down farm/ smallholding in Devon, we tried to get one in wales, but that didn't work out, lets say, you would more than likely see the neighbours on jeremy kyle show :lol:

i am looking forward to 2014… i am working on my own little project of buying a smallholding, (filming) showing all the ups and downs..
i have also been asked by a good friend, if i will film his birds of prey..he has over 100 so that is going to be interesting..plus, i am ready now to get my film, the Dirty floor shot..there where a few things i just wasn't happy enough with

anyway..!!! i won't harp on…
best wishes to you all

john
Keep trying, for one day you will get it right
Ian Woodward

Post by Ian Woodward »

Making a film about your grueling attempts to find and buy a farm/small or holding should translate into some quite fascinating, John: a documentary based on your personal experiences rather than on those of a third party.

Also, if you do a voice-over, rather than use captions, the memories of your highs and lows in the process will come alive in the film and really add that extra personal dimension and sparkle to what may well be a lifetime’s dream.

As someone who comes from a long line of famers on the maternal side of my family, and who spent many happy holidays as a boy on these farmsteads in the Yorkshire dales – searching for hen’s eggs in haystacks, potato-picking, hay-making and mucking-out the pigsties – I can’t wait to see the resulting film.

Good luck with your dream in 2014!

Ian
ned c

Post by ned c »

Welcome back John; best wishes for Christmas and a New Year with dreams fulfilled. Like the movie and look forward to seeing your work in the coming year,

ned c