USING SOCIAL MEDIA TO PROMOTE A CLUB ...

IAC General Discussions
Dave Watterson

USING SOCIAL MEDIA TO PROMOTE A CLUB ...

Post by Dave Watterson »

As yet only a few video clubs seem to use social media to promote their activities and interest their members.

If you do use such techniques, or have come across especially good uses of them ... please share.
col lamb

Re: USING SOCIAL MEDIA TO PROMOTE A CLUB ...

Post by col lamb »

Preston Movie Makers has two Facebook sites, one open to all and one just for members

Its a pity that the open one just does not get any postings that promote dialogue

The club also has its own site on Youtube, but this has not generated many views

Alas such is life
Col Lamb
Preston, Lancashire.
FCPX, Edius6.02, and Premiere CS 5.5 user.
Find me on Facebook, Colin Lamb
TimStannard

Re: USING SOCIAL MEDIA TO PROMOTE A CLUB ...

Post by TimStannard »

As you are aware, Dave, Staines Video Makers has had a Facebook site since February. It certainly makes it easy for me and others to keep members, public and other clubs informed about what's going on at Staines and much more "immediate" than a website.

However we get very little feedback as yet so it's difficult to guage the effect (if any) that it is having.

I have certainly "liked" other clubs sites and I find it useful to see what they're up to.

The sad thing is that hardly any members at Staines use the site as, like many people of club members age (and, it has to be said, even like many people who are on this forum) flatly refuse to have a Facebook account - and I can understand several reasons why that might be the case.

Right, now I'm off to like Preston's page :)
Tim
Proud to be an amateur film maker - I do it for the love of it