Illuminating Service

IAC General Discussions
TimStannard

Illuminating Service

Post by TimStannard »

This sounds like a shameless plug, but I promise you I have no connection with the company.

Earlier this month a friend (who happens to be a professional lighting cameraman) tipped me off about a light available on eBay which looked like it was about to be a bargain. I duly bid and won the item (an Ianiro 5502 2 bar fluorescent tube “cool" light, if you’re interested) at about £200-£250 below new cost. Although the item was described as new, it actually arrived with a bolt and a washer missing (which made the lamp couldn’t be mounted on the “yoke”) as was the attachment for mounting the yoke on a light stand. Irrespective of my dialogue with the seller, I contacted Ianiro UK (from whom earlier this year I had purchased four lamps at a discount on behalf of a school) via email asking if parts were available and what the cost was likely to be. Jon Cochrane there immediately came up trumps. Not only did he have the parts but he posted them out to me without charge and I received them the following day. Now that’s what I call service! I urge you all to visit www.ianirouk.co.uk for all your video lighting needs!
Tim
Proud to be an amateur film maker - I do it for the love of it