RAY HARRYHAUSEN

IAC General Discussions
Lee Prescott

RAY HARRYHAUSEN

Post by Lee Prescott »

:( Hi All,

I've just heard that Patron Ray Harryhausen FACI has died today not sure of the timing.
he was, it is said, aged 92 years.

Sad of course, Patrons are getting thin on the ground!

Lee.

:(
Peter B

Re: RAY HARRYHAUSEN

Post by Peter B »

I've just read about this too. It's a sad day for cinema, Ray Harryhausen was one of the Great Men in the cinema world.
Truly a legend in his own lifetime.
My attempts at videos & AV sequences can be found on my website- http://www.dragon-sanctuary.co.uk
tom hardwick

Post by tom hardwick »

I've just heard an interview with him, broadcast on Radio 4. He loved what CGI could do for filmmakers but as he said, it's only a tool.
Michael Slowe

Post by Michael Slowe »

Do you remember that he gave a wonderful talk at BIAFF (LAFF then) some years ago. Great character, all redundant now with the wonders of CGI and computers.
Brian Saberton

Post by Brian Saberton »

It's strange but just a week ago I visited the David Livingstone centre in Blantyre and noticed on the Livingstone family tree that Ray Harryhausen was married to one of David Livingstone's descendants. I well remember the talk he gave at BIAFF at the BAFTA theatre and he was also a favourite among film collectors as well. I recall him giving a talk at one of the conventions in Blackpool a number of years ago when he had some of his animated models with him. He was one of Cinemas true greats and must have inspired countless film makers, both professional and amateur over the years. I also saw in todays paper that Bryan Forbes has died - another sad loss.
Brian Saberton