Where is the NLE Forum?

IAC General Discussions
edin

Where is the NLE Forum?

Post by edin »

How do you access/join the NLE Forum?
Last edited by edin on Wed Apr 03, 2013 10:58 pm, edited 2 times in total.
TimStannard

Re: NLE Forum

Post by TimStannard »

What a good question! I read about this mystical NLE forum in every issue of FVM and wonder what sort of secret initiation one needs to undergo in order to partake.
Tim
Proud to be an amateur film maker - I do it for the love of it
edin

Re: NLE Forum

Post by edin »

Is the NLE forum a breakaway group from the IAC?
Is it an underground forum that membership is by invitation only?
Is it.......?
If it gets so much publicity in the IAC magazine, why is there not more positive responses to my question!

Look forward to finding out! :?
tom hardwick

Re: Where is the NLE Forum?

Post by tom hardwick »

Colin Jones must be in despair. How many times must he publish his box-out 'Joining the NLE Group' for you guys to get the message?
col lamb

Post by col lamb »

Yes Tom but do we really want these chaps to go through the long agonizing initiation ceremony that we had to endure to gain access all those years ago :lol:

I am still carring the physical scars not to mention the phsychological harm it did to me :D

Seriously, in reality I do not know where Colin finds enough material to fill his page allocation in FVM as NLE postings arrive in fits and starts, it can go ages between e-mails arriving. In the last week we have had two topics raised and a few answers, that is all. I have just checked my e-mail and today zero NLE posts.

The e-mail NLE postings is now so few and far between it is time it was stopped and the forum used by all. The only advantage is that most check thei re-mail daily/have them arrive on mobile devices whereas forum access requires something more specific, me I have the forum under its own tab hence readily available

Slightly off tack, there are other very useful forums out there, DV Doctor aside (which is now very badly supported) it is best to join the forum of whatever editing software you use and visit it daily where if you click on Todays Posts you get just that, read those of interest but take in the problems others have.

There has been a difinitive shift in the last year or so particulary with Edius 6.5 and Premiere CS6, where in my view users of both these pieces of software are suffering more problems that they did previously with Edius 6 and Premiere CS5.5.
Col Lamb
Preston, Lancashire.
FCPX, Edius6.02, and Premiere CS 5.5 user.
Find me on Facebook, Colin Lamb
Michael Slowe

Post by Michael Slowe »

Chaps, in my view the only technical forums worth following are those on The Creative Cow. Virtually every item of software is listed there and the guys posting are mostly professionals with really great knowledge and experience, try it CREATIVE COW. Mind you, the initiation procedure is terrifying!
TimStannard

Post by TimStannard »

tom hardwick wrote:Colin Jones must be in despair. How many times must he publish his box-out 'Joining the NLE Group' for you guys to get the message?
Logically every issue shoud carry it. Afetr reading your comment, Tom, I thought I was being a bit dense so I looked really hard at the Feb 2013 issue. Nothing. So I picked up another at random. Nothing. I re-read your message and gave it another go. Bingo! Third time lucky.

For edin's benefit go to http:/bit.ly/iacgroups and take it from there.

Michael, the Creative Cow forums are indeed excellent, but can be rather daunting for the uninitiated. An IAC site offers a "friendly" face which will appeal more to some.
Tim
Proud to be an amateur film maker - I do it for the love of it
Lee Prescott

Post by Lee Prescott »

:roll: Gentlmen:

I've had a 'thunk', more than several and no, I cannot let it pass any longer.

Y Y Y does FVM have to carry the page given to the NLE questions and
answers at all? Surely the answers to relevant questions are posted on the
NLE Forum for those needful and interested...OR....is it just a way of filling page
space in FVM which, as far as I can discern is suffering, (badly?), from a
variety of the material constantly in it!

No, by the way, don't come back at me on the basis of my not offering anything for FVM...... I have my personal reasons which go back to and before the article in which I first raised the critical question of the IAC hierarchie's previous lack of advice on the important question of "Filming in Public Places"! I'll stay with my articles for the "autonomous" SoCo News!

:P Best wishes to all.......Lee.
col lamb

Post by col lamb »

Well the latest issue of FVM dropped on the mat this morning.

Looking through it CJ has filled three pages with IAC group messages, so many in fact that I do not remember seeing any e-mails for half of them.

The last couple of weeks have been very quiet with only one post from Gerald Mee and the associated replies

The Creative Cow forum that Michael posted a comment on is also a very good source of tutorial videos on a very wide range of software and techniques.

The only downside of the CC forum is the manner of posting the answers to the questions, it makes for very slow reading of the question and answers (its totally different from this forum)
Col Lamb
Preston, Lancashire.
FCPX, Edius6.02, and Premiere CS 5.5 user.
Find me on Facebook, Colin Lamb