Sad News

IAC General Discussions
Mike Shaw

Sad News

Post by Mike Shaw »

Just heard the very sad news that Colin Pain has died. Many will remember him as being a founder member of the Westminster Club, an active member for many years on the Seriac Council, and a regular visitor to BIAFF and AGM weekends, as well as other festivals in the South.
Dave Watterson

Re: Sad News

Post by Dave Watterson »

That is sad news. Colin had a lovely dry sense of humour.
TimStannard

Post by TimStannard »

Sad indeed. I only net him the once, two or three years back, when I drove him to and from a competition he was judging. Good company. I probably learnt more about the amateur filmmaking world in those two hours than I've done before or since.
Tim
Proud to be an amateur film maker - I do it for the love of it
Lee Prescott

Post by Lee Prescott »

Yes very sad news which was sent to me last Friday. I remember Colin well from when I used to attend the SoCo Week Enders. In my odd chats with him he was always cheerful and interested. I was at the SoCo Weekender at which his wife was rushed into hospital, (heart), and unfortunately died. I remember he said that everyone should carry on! Thereafter he gave the Mue Pain Trophy in her memory.

He had just arranged to attend a luncheon with some friends before going to the N-v-S show I was told. So, even more sad. We should convery our sympathies to his family.

Lee.