merry christmas

IAC General Discussions
john ingham

merry christmas

Post by john ingham »

Hi everyone, just like to say thankyou for all the help and tips you have given me
and to wish you all a merry christmas, hope you all have a great one

john
Keep trying, for one day you will get it right
Dave Watterson

Re: merry christmas

Post by Dave Watterson »

Nice thought, John.

The same good wishes to you, your family and all our other readers.

The last time I asked if anyone was making a special film for or about Christmas, Tim Stannard came forward with this delightful family film. After some nagging he put it into BIAFF where it won a 4-star award:
[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=pl ... kpgyUqYjtg[/youtube]

I still find the film so engaging I always watch it right through. It is a master-class in tricks to keep the performers distracted with props, little bits of business and very short scenes. Clever use of green-screen keeps the frame action-packed ... and the family come across as so darned nice we would all want to spend Christmas with them! (For those who don't know him, Tim appears top left corner of the montage of faces near the end.)

Anyone got any offerings this year?
Michael Slowe

Post by Michael Slowe »

I'd just like to add my good wishes to all participants on the forum and my thanks for all the chat, criticism, techie talk, and news.

Special thanks of course to our esteemed 'moderator' (?) who keeps us all in order with such authority, have a good one Dave.

Tim's lovely film made my day, I've seen it before but it still comes over so nice and fresh and the youngsters are lovely, where did he get them all from? Grandpa had some difficulty with the lip syncing I think but otherwise pitch perfect!

Happy Christmas everyone, and see you in Chesterfield for BIAFF, and yes, Mike Shaw, we'll have that drink together.
Brian Saberton

Post by Brian Saberton »

I'll also take this opportunity to wish everyone a merry Christmas and happy New Year.

With Tim's kind permission I included his "Merry Xmas 2010" in the SAM Christmas Social film show. Everyone thoroughly enjoyed the film and it really got us all into the Christmas spirit. I think it also shows that a well made family film can enjoy success at BIAFF.
Brian Saberton
TimStannard

Post by TimStannard »

And a Merry Christmas to you all!

They say everyone has a novel inside them and I wonder if everyone has a film inside them and this was mine. I hope not as I hope to continue to try to make films for a long time yet!

Just to comment on the comments - Dave I'm flattered to have the words "master-class" associated with one of my films. Believe it or not, all the composition (apart from the matrix of faces) is done in camera - there is no green screen at all! And Michael, everyone there is related to me by blood or marriage (poor things)

I wrote a fairly extensive "making of" for the NTRIAC newsletter if anyone is interested in learning more about it - but the shortened version, and the lesson I learned from this was simply - if you want people to get involved, then make them feel like they "own" the project, that you're interested in and using their ideas.

The newsletter is available here http://www.theiac.org.uk/iac/regions/no ... -feb12.pdf
Tim
Proud to be an amateur film maker - I do it for the love of it
john ingham

Post by john ingham »

that christmas film Tim, was superb... that was really well done ..loved it
Keep trying, for one day you will get it right
Willy

Post by Willy »

Me, too, I enjoyed your Christmas film very much, Tim. We should make more films like yours: with people laughing and singing and dancing in them. It gives a fantastic feeling. Imagine that on Christmas Eve there will be 17 members of family in my flat! Vera, my wife, is a bit nervous now.

Once we all had a barbecue in our garden. I then took the opportunity to make a one minute movie called "Magic Clown". My brother-in-law, who has a beer belly, was the clown. It was very hot that day. The other members were the audience. The clown's hat was flying in the air. I used a transparent fishing-rod. After a magic spell a rabbit appeared in his hat. At that time one of my nieces lost her bra. The magician took it out of his hat... etc... At that time my grandchildren were still babies. Now two of them are taller than me! On Christmas Eve I will show them that one minute movie again. A surprise!

I wish you all a Merry Christmas, a Happy and Prosperous New Year from the continent. I have already booked accommodation for BIAFF 2013. Again it will be a long trip (I always fear the M25), but I am looking forward to meeting you again at Chesterfield.
Willy Van der Linden
Mike Shaw

Post by Mike Shaw »

Best Christmas wishes to all from me too ...

Tim it was fantastic seeing that movie again. We all have fun watching it because patenty everyone had a lot of fun making it - a real joy. Some very clever and subtle little edits in there too - well done.

Michael - yes to the drink but remember that its on me this time!

Let the singing begin!

Tra-la-lalala
Lee Prescott

Post by Lee Prescott »

:)

HAPPY CHRISTMAS TO ALL & A GOOD NEW YEAR

Just hoping that in my "neck of the woods" 2013, (although I don't like the number!),
proves somewhat better than 2012 but even better for all of you.

Tim's Christmas video I really enjoyed - in my view exactly right in every respect.
Lovely family. Many thanks, I hadn't seen it before.

Best wishes....Lee.