Video clubs around Ilford

IAC General Discussions
Peter Stedman

Video clubs around Ilford

Post by Peter Stedman »

I'm trying to help someone to find a video club in Ilford, Essex but despite all my searches, I can't seem to find one. Can anyone help with the name of a club nearest to Ilford please? Pete.
Dave Watterson

Re: Video clubs around Ilford

Post by Dave Watterson »

http://www.wansteadcinevideo.org.uk meet on Friday 8.pm.1st & 3rd & 5th in month at St. Pauls Church Hall, Chigwell Road, Woodford Bridge.
[url]htto://www.enfieldvideomakers.co.uk[/url]meet on 1st & 3rd Tuesday of each month. 8-10.pm at St Stephen's Church Hall, Park Avenue, Bush Hill Park, Enfield EN1 2BA

If your friend works in another part of the area, there may be a club closer to that.
If s/he is willing to travel more than half an hour in the car there are a few more within that range.

Dave
Peter Stedman

Post by Peter Stedman »

Thanks Dave,
My geography is so bad I would not have known that Enfield or Wanstead is anywhere near Ilford. :oops: I will pass on the info.

Just for interest, A chappie in my world of magical entertainment was hoping to get a video promo of his act and discovered (of course) that professional video makerS charge big bucks, so I have advised him to try his local video club. Thanks again. Dave. PETE.
TimStannard

Post by TimStannard »

(I appreciate I'm preaching to the converted here but ...)

He may just be lucky and find someone who is interested in this as a project.

If not I hope he's prepared to make a hefty donation either to the members concerned or to the club. He needs to remember he's asking someone or some people to give up many, many hours of their time planning, filming and editing using skills and equipment they have acquired over many years. This, after all, is why professionals charge what they do. The clubs/members need to get something in return.
Tim
Proud to be an amateur film maker - I do it for the love of it