PATRONS???

IAC General Discussions
Lee Prescott

PATRONS???

Post by Lee Prescott »

:( Hi Allz:

I had the bright idea for the first time of having a look at the Nat.Cncl.List!
The intro. spiel starts off with:" The IAC is a small Organisation with little money.....",(surprise)! Then goes on to make various statements.

OK.

My questions are these,(and I'm sure many others would like it clarified too).....
OUR PATRONS

There are six names listed but seven in the last FVM, (the one with the Lass with the Golden navel, I didn't realise she was an IAC member with UNICA connections)!
Of these names I recognise just five in FVM with filmic connections!

1. What have the Earl of Cromer and The Countess of Sutherland - what are their proper
names - to do with film making?

2. What do all these Patrons contribute to the IAC, financially and otherwise, apart from
lending their names?

3. Just what benefit does the IAC get from this useage?

4. Would it make the slightest difference if the IAC didn't have 'em???

--- :oops: Oh and by the way. Kristin is NOT holding a "Union Jack" as quoted for the
cover of FVM, she is holding up a Union Flag! (It's only a "Jack" when flown
aboard ship)!

:? Lee.
Dave Watterson

Re: PATRONS???

Post by Dave Watterson »

I asked Gerald Mee to comment:

We have SIX Patrons at this time... several have died since being listed... ..Ken Russell, John Schlesinger,Lindsay Anderson.

The Duke of Sutherland was our first President and the family have aways been interested in our activities. The Countess is now fairly old but is still in touch through her son. The Sutherlands held land and property in our area...Trentham Hall (now Trentham Gardens)

The Earl of Cromer was our first Patron and was an active amateur film maker...his son took over the Patronage (Evelyn Baring...Baring's Bank)

Ken Russell did attend our last event at Grange-over-Sands!...as a guest speaker

John Boorman...is, of course a well known film Director

and Lord Putnam is very much concerned with film wellfare.

Ray Harryhausen is an IAC Honorary Fellow.

Barry Norman: every one knows and he has attended... as a guest speaker an IAC Festival

----------------

Yes, all I asked of them was to lend their names!

Gerald Mee
Patronage liaison
Lee Prescott

Re: PATRONS???

Post by Lee Prescott »

:roll: Hi Gerald, Dave +,

Many thanks for your replies - Gerald has e-mailed me direct so I have replied to him
in the same way. (CC to Dave).

:| Cheers....Lee.