Future for clubs -

IAC General Discussions
Willy

Re: Future for clubs -

Post by Willy »

Last Saturday I was in Tonbridge to attend the SERIAC Film Show "Just for You". I was there together with my former neighbours. We enjoyed it very much. Congratulations to all the SERIAC-friends who organised the show. In one of the films I could also see Gwen and Alan Whippy. Alan is the actor or narrator for my new documentary about Marc Chagall and the stained glass windows of a little church near Tonbridge.

On Friday I already had a first film session. The sun was shining, but there were also heavy clouds in the sky. It was perfect. Alan is very talented and so is Gwen who helps me with the script. I was happy to see some English friends at the Tonbridge Oast Theatre. One of them was our forum-friend Mike. Sorry, Mike, that I didn't have the time to have a chat with you. We had booked a table in a pub in Biddenden and we could not see the last session of the film show. So we were a little bit in a hurry. Anyway, we felt that such a show gives the opportunity to many hobbyist-filmmakers, like you and me, to have their films screened. During the interval we had a cup of tea of course and we could also taste some delicious things like chocolate cake, meringue, etc... Actually it was stupid of us to have booked the table in "The Red Lion" at Biddenden... and yes, there is a future for our filmclubs. I enjoyed the "auditorium-atmosphere" of the Tonbridge Oast Theatre and other things.
Willy Van der Linden