IAC library movies

IAC General Discussions
col lamb

IAC library movies

Post by col lamb »

Time to be contentious (again)

Like a typical movie lets set the scene, my club Preston Movie Makers usually hires at least one compilation of movies per season and last night we watched BIAFF 2010 selection 3.

Scene two, usually I do not go to watch them as (a) I have fifficulty sitting for two hour on fairly uncomfortable seats (b) in the past I have not thought that the majority of the movies shown warranted any significant reward.

Scene three, Last night was no exception the first movie "Sidewinder" whilst not up to broardcast standards with the specially effects was a very entertaining movie, the last movie "Beautiful Sounds" was OK until the ending then we were all on the floor laughing, great twist.

Critical review, now the remainder, ouch................boring.

Especially the one about Berlin "Times are changing", interview, then cut scenes with supposedly dramatic music, then interview, then cut scenes with yet more dramatic music, then interview........you get the picture, repetitive, repetitive, repetitive. I wanted to throw the remote at the screen. Come on you Judges get your act together, there is no way on this planet that that should have been considered for any award.

There again it may be that there is bias towards international entries!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Contrast this to the previous week when we had Bob Lorrimor visit us for what was essentially a Masterclass in how to make an interesting, entertaining and very creative movie, all his movies were, and there is no other word to describe them but superb and at the top of the Premiere League where the BIAFF selection were essentially Second Division.

Well done Bob.
Col Lamb
Preston, Lancashire.
FCPX, Edius6.02, and Premiere CS 5.5 user.
Find me on Facebook, Colin Lamb
Peter Copestake

Re: IAC library movies

Post by Peter Copestake »

Pendle's experience of BIAFF compilations is different but the result much the same as Colin's.

They have seldom moved us as we would have hoped.

Peter.
Peter Copestake