CINE FILM SEARCH

IAC General Discussions
Lee Prescott

CINE FILM SEARCH

Post by Lee Prescott »

:) 'Lo Alls,

Long Shot!

In my area, Gloucestershire, a resident in Gloucester now a disabled ex Fireman, has spent a lot of time trying to find an old cine film, probably on Standard 8mm. or maybe 16mm. of some time he spent in "Darkest Africa" many years ago when he and others in his party apparently joined in a native dance which was filmed.......

I know that he has previously appealed through FVM and various parts of the Press, to try and find either the people / person[s] who shot the fim and / or the film itself, to date without success.

I decided to try and help him by posting this. If anyone amongst the myriad readers of these Forums has any knowledge of such a film or the people involved, would they please post a reply on here.

The title of the film, if it ever had one, remains unknown. He has also forgotten the names of the people involved.

Many thanks.

Lee. 8)
tom hardwick

Re: CINE FILM SEARCH

Post by tom hardwick »

Even without a film title YouTube offers to search for any number of tags. There's just the possibility that the film's been digitised and put online.
Lee Prescott

Post by Lee Prescott »

Hi Tom,

Many thanks for your advice / suggestion. I'll have a look.

Cheers....Lee.
Lee Prescott

Post by Lee Prescott »

:?

Well, I thought that I'd report back.....

I had a browse through Yoootoooob over a couple of sessions and I failed in my quest!
Probably 'cos the film has never been digitised or mybe it's lost forever, Amen!

The worst one I found involved a number of dust raising bare feet stomping tribesmen / women in some remote spot with everything that was dangling loose jangling up and down - at the end of their "disco" they cut the heart out of a living bleating goat at which point this obscene film faded to black. Put me off my meal for a good 2 hours!

In the same sesssion I was presented with a video of a new and slenderised Susan Boyle
courtesy of Simon Cowell! What she was doing amongst that lot - well the mind boggles!!!

:( ......Lee.